Ideas for hyperion with parallel video playback

• first thing first, im new to the community, spent a few days to research, may not know every details of the ecosystem. currently, i have a samsung tv (4k HDR ready) and RP4 and want to build the first ambilight (for the emby server playback only), and because:

• there's no way to grab pictures from tizen
    • i want to keep the tv as playback source (dont want to sacrifice HDR by using RP4 as playback source)

hence, playing the same video on tv and RP4 might be the solution (using some scripting to sync the playback position, shouldnt be a problem).

some key components of the setup

• samsung tv: play video from emby server and use webhooks to sync playback position with RP4
    • RP4: install kodi, hyperion, hypercon for a separate playback setup
    • esp8266/wemos d1 mini or arduino nano (?): led controller

• ws2813b 60-led*4m: light strip
    • some L-shape connectors

here're my questions

• should i choose esp8266/wemos d1 mini or arduino nano? and what shall be reasons behind? (would mostly connect RP4 and led controller with usb, see below)
    • for the smoothest experience, should i connect RP4 to the led controller via usb? can wemos d1 mini handle usb connection?
    • is ws2813b the fair choice to go for the first ambilight project?
    • is it ok to share the 5V power supply with led strip and RP4? given the amp is sufficient
    • any other thoughts to improve the setup?

your ideas are much appreciated, thanks

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!