1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

TUTORIAL Install Hyperion.ng on LibreELEC x86_64/RPi (inoffiziell/unofficially)

Discussion in 'Tutorials' started by Paulchen-Panther, 19 March 2020.

1. Igor Bujaroski

Igor Bujaroski New Member

[QUOTE = "davieboy, post: 33156, member: 10157"] change kodi GUI to 720p for the Pi4, that's really the only thing you need to do after the install to prevent the black screens. Take it you can get to the configuration page ok and everything else is setup in there - GPIO pin etc etc?
    [/ QUOTE]

After setting the GUI to be limited to 720p, I can see the OSD fine, no blanking.
    However, Hyperion is started (latest Alpha 9 release) but nothing on LEDs.

I am using GPIO18 for data and GND to GND on WS2812b, but nothing is coming out.
    You say: configuration page...which is the config page? How do I get to it?

2. davieboy

davieboy Active Member

Hardware:
    RPi1/Zero, RPi2, RPi3, RPi4
    should be on the pi ip port 8090 then set your GPIO and LED settings in Configuration->LED Hardware :thumbsup:

LED Controller is where you tell it to use GPIO pin and the LED layout to set your LEDS, remember to check the input position (starting position), should be good to go after that.

Good Luck

• Like Like x 2
  3. Igor Bujaroski

OMG! THIS IS AWESOME!!!
    NEXT ON THE DOCKET: place LEDs to the TV :)

Thanks @davieboy!!

Honestly, I am thankful I don't need to buy a logic level converter or arduino.
    I'm a minimalist by focus! Why invest in unnecessary equipment when the Pi can do it all!

Thanks to @Paulchen-Panther!

4. davieboy

davieboy Active Member

Hardware:
    RPi1/Zero, RPi2, RPi3, RPi4
    Sweet glad you got it up and running :thumbsup:
    yeah 100% agree with you, but I am slowly starting to find out that by doing so it causes other implications for other devices but yeah if all you want is a media player and Hyperion setup GPIO all the way, I have a spare UNO here just in case push comes to shove but its way more hassle than 1 pin on the GPIO :roflmao:

Look forward to reading your showcase when you get up and running :bigsmile:

5. Igor Bujaroski

Finally in use!
    TV's not that big, a 32" but ambilight does rest your eyes and it's like we have a new TV already!
    Kids love it, grownups will make a movie night out of it ;)

TV-ambilight.jpg

6. micha53

micha53 New Member

Hardware:
    RPi3, +nodeMCU/ESP8266
    @Paulchen-Panther
    Hallo Paulchen,
    Dein Script funktioniert nur mit Libre Elec:
    if [ $OS_LIBREELEC -ne 1 ]; then
    echo '---> Critical Error: We are not on LibreELEC -> abort'

exit 1

fi

Kann man ihn prinzipiell auch bei Raspberry OS anwenden, wenn man die Abfrage entsprechend modifiziert? Oder gibt es eine alternative Anleitung zur Installation unter Raspberry OS?

7. micha53

micha53 New Member

Hardware:
    RPi3, +nodeMCU/ESP8266
    @Igor Bujaroski
    Hi Igor,
    especially because you tell us that you have children, you should not leave your 230V supply like shown in your photo. This is no good solution - and not allowed - for use in living rooms.
    You better use a power supply recommended by brindosch here or put it into a safe case with a power connector.

8. Igor Bujaroski

@micha53, thanks for the concern!
    However, the power supply has no high voltage leads open and the 220 VAC is already in a schuko plug.
    MeanWell LPV-60
    it is IP67

9. Paulchen-Panther

Paulchen-Panther Moderator Staff Member Developer

Hardware:
    RPi1/Zero, RPi3, 32/64bit, +Arduino, +nodeMCU/ESP8266
    Hyperion Docs

10. micha53

micha53 New Member

Hardware:
    RPi3, +nodeMCU/ESP8266
    The power strips must be coated (at least in germany)

11. micha53

micha53 New Member

Hardware:
    RPi3, +nodeMCU/ESP8266
    Danke, Paulchen,
    ich war schon so oft auf dieser Seite gelandet und habe mich immer gewundert, daß sie leer ist.
    Den Link oben rechts habe ich regelmäßig übersehen. Ich denke jetzt komme ich weiter.

• Like Like x 1