Is the new Windows 10 update helping with having Hyperion on Windows?

• Hey Devs, if I understood that right Hyperion can be installed on Mac and Linux the only OS where you have to use a Raspberry Pi as a passthrough is windows, but now the new Anniversary Update of Windows added a bash shell system to windows so (if I got that right) you can run Linux commands on windows, I have no clue on how Hyperion or any program works on Linux and that's why I'm asking if this helps you to develop Hyperion for windows so you don't have to use a Raspberry Pi as a passthrough to control the LEDs, with only an Arduino as a Passthrough.

Sorry if I'm completely wrong with everything I said in this thread.

• Hyperion is based on cmake, python and qt. This works on windows too. All hardware led drivers and grabbers wont work. Except network and serial as penfold already mentioned.
    (Libusb based drivers should work to)

A grabber for windows already exists. So in theory it should be possible to grab windows screen and drive your leds via adalight/arduino.

The problem is we dont have the people to do this. Giving support for another platform is to much work and we cant handle that atm.

• Okay, thank you for the info, and it's no big deal to use it with a Raspberry Pi, it's really easy to setup. Oh and thanks for the great work, I haven't finished my setup yet but the parts are on their way it will be awesome!

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!