Is there a limit to LED Count?

• I've got everything all set up with an (APA102) LED count of 266 (85 wide, 45 high). However, the last 12 LEDs are not working as they should (the first 5 light up with a consistent white, followed by an aqua colored one). I thought maybe I had a bad chip/connection on the strip, so I traced back to the last OEM solder points on the strip (every 30leds), cut it, and soldered on a new section. The strip was unresponsive starting in the exact same spot as it was prior to the splice (11 LEDs past this splice).

I've got power tapped in from two opposing corners to ensure power consistency. The LEDs that light up, seem to work great (however they seem to light up with various intensities of a subtle aqua color after the initializing rainbow swirl finishes).

Is there a limit of 254 LEDS within HyperCon, or are there limitations with the Raspberry Pi3 I'm using?

I'm still waiting on my capture device, so I can't do any sort of live stream testing yet, but it would be great to get through these hiccups so I'm ready to roll when it gets here.

My hyperion.config.json

My Hyperion Log

• There should be no intrinsic led count limit (well, unsigned int will impose a limit, but 32k LEDs needs a lot of power!)

I've had hyperion driving 600 LEDs using the udp driver, so I know the core is good.

I've just had another look over both the apa102 device driver and the underlying spi driver and I cant see anything that would limit it.
    I even enabled some of my old debugging code for some recent enhancements and it looks to be doing the right thing.

What OS do you have on the pi3 ?

• Thanks for the reply. Had to work all weekend, but I've got today to work on this:thumbup:

MY pi o/s is OSMC.

I set the LED count to 280 and the LEDs (initially by setting my left side from 46 to 60). The LEDs that were lighting up White began lighting up as per the startup sequence as they should (The solid white LEDS lit up on the excess few LEDs that I have yet to trim off the end... so that "end of frame marker" was still in place).

I re counted all my LEDs to be sure, and everything was good, however I did notice that I had all 4 of the corner led boxes checked off which added to my actual total (which would mean that it was actually 16 LEDs missing in the first place).

I reverted back to my actual left/right LED quantities, and added additional lines at the bottom of the json as you suggested...

I'm not sure what happened, but now I can't get anything to turn on. Tried uninstalling Hyperion, and OSMC and starting from scratch as per the tutorial. Even tried on another computer (fresh install of HyperCon, OSMC, and Hyperion), but no response. SSH seems to connect fine, just not getting anything out of the LEDs now. Followed steps exactly as before, but not even getting the rainbow, nor any control through coloropicker.

The strip lights up a random number of White LEDs each time I power it up. Sometimes dozens, and sometimes only the first LED on the strip.

When I "Inst./Upd> Hyperion", I seeing mention of errors at the bottom of the SSH Traffic panel. Connected the SD card to the computer, and I see no mention that Hyperion even exists in any of the files in OSMC. Should I be seeing a folder for Hyperion in there?

Not entirely sure what you meant by running that file directly? Do you mean "Local Configuration Path", and then "Send Config" in HyperCon? It didn't have a file extension, so i wasn't sure. And having seen no Hyperion information on the pi confused me further. I've never used a Pi before this project, so bear with me, lol.

• Okay. I've got the LED's working again. Don't know how or why everything went the way it did. I tried various strips/strings and chipsets to see what I could gather from the results... finally got my original APA201 working when I sent a new config file from my laptop.

And to boot, my LED count lights up exactly as programmed. This issue has been mysteriously solved. On to color calibration :bigsmile:

• It is possible, but unlikely. Had everything meticulously soldered up except for the jumper pins plugged in to the pi, and tried to only touch the section that wasn't working until I knew what was really going on. My first thought was to grab a string of 2801 that I was certain worked fine and test it out to rule out the lights on the TV. There was no response from the LEDs when I sent the config with 2801 selected, so I assumed it to be network or software related. Probably something on my part, but In any case; it abruptly worked all of a sudden after a 'send config' followed by 'start'.

I've since color calibrated to the best of my ability, and have the grabber in place and working. My only issue at this point is that my TV is my only source for HDR video (upcoming Netflix content), and it doesn't have any 'video out' to grab. I wish the Audio Return Channel acted as a two way HDMI to my receiver,

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!