Kodi checker not functioning

• I'm running OSMC on Raspberry Pi 3. I have activated the Kodi checker, pointed it at 127.0.0.1 port 8262 (this is the port my Kodi HTTP server is configured to) and set it for now to capture on video but not when paused.

However, the lights are on both when paused and when playing a video.

Kodi's HTTP server is definitely set up to allow connections -- I can tell it to update via JSONRPC from a commandline script on the Raspberry Pi itself or from another machine. I can also use the "Kore" remote on my phone, and such.

Hyperion's log output says on startup that the Kodi checker has started (INFO: Kodi checker created and started), and that it connected (KODICHECK INFO: Kodi Connected), but with verbose JSONRPC logging enabled in Kodi, Kodi's log doesn't actually show anything which is coming from Hyperion, as far as I can tell. There are then no other Kodi-checker-related messages in the Hyperion log until Hyperion is quit, at which point it says it disconnected from Kodi.

The IP and port are definitely correct; I don't have a username or password set. What else might be wrong?

• Sure, here it is:

• That did it; thank you.

I think this should be clarified in the documentation. Though yes, it does say TCP port, I wasn't aware that there were separate ports for the webserver and some other service. A webserver runs over TCP, and the JSON-RPC service runs over the webserver (or at least it can -- I use the webserver port in some of my JSON-RPC scripts), so I assumed TCP port meant webserver port.

It might also be nice to provide some better error logging. As I said earlier I did have a debug message saying Hyperion had connected to Kodi, but then obviously nothing was happening beyond that. Some messaging here saying it's not getting responses, or bad responses, or whatever, would have helped debug.

• Indeed, the docu needs a hint for this and the connected message is just "wrong".
    Besides of that. We are not so happy with the current implementation. Adding more options/combinations on this base just bloats up Hyperion and could be better handled from kodi itself (as a kodi addon has better access to internals) and you are not forced to enable remote access.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!