KodiCheck error

• Hello guys,

I have finally managed to setup Hyperíon on my machine using Hue Lights and it works, for a while at least. But after a while the lights just stop changing, and I have to reboot the machine for it to work again for while.

I checked the logs and it says something about KodiCheck error: kodi connection error (0).
    No ideia what is going on here... Any help would be much appreciated!

Thank you,
    Kokan

Here is my log:

And here is my config.file:

• So, no takers? I still haven't managed to figure it out entirely... I switched some values on the blackborder detection and it managed to work for a bit longer, but I am not sure if that was even related...

• i think it is more a problem with the hue-device which have some problems...but non of our devs have a hue-system...

It could be, but I noticed that when the movies don't have blackborders, the system tends to work well. But when they are there, he starts giving me these errors.

I tried disabling the blackborder detection by setting it to false, but the logs still mention the "border switch required" event. I even removed that entire function, but he still does it.

Any ideas?

PS: I also noticed that my Plex Server has the same IP (127.0.0.1) as the XBMC address that I use on my conf file. Could this cause issues?

• Offizieller Beitrag

border switch required is not an error message...

127.0.0.1 is localhost

to be sure: use the same config with another device eg with ws2801(only in the config to see), and see if hyperion crashes too, if no it is a hue error, if it crashes too then we now that we have to look at the blackbar detection

• border switch required is not an error message...

127.0.0.1 is localhost

to be sure: use the same config with another device eg with ws2801(only in the config to see), and see if hyperion crashes too, if no it is a hue error, if it crashes too then we now that we have to look at the blackbar detection

So, I changed the device type to the ws2801 to try out like you suggested, and all I get is KODICHECK ERROR: Kodi Connection error (0).

• but it didnt crash, right?

It didn't give me the out of range error no.

Do you have any suggestions on what it could be? I will keep trying in the meantime.

Also, is there a way to use hyperion to control the lights for content that is not coming from the RasPi? Say, to control the lights based on content being streamed from my Plex server on my PC to my Xbox for example?

• Offizieller Beitrag

ok then the problem is caused by the hue-devices implementation... non of our devs has a hue system, so we have to wait till anyone with a hue system and coding-skill will help us...

you could grab the screen from your pc too and send those infos to a rpi

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!