Led apa 102 problem (software or electic ?)

• Hello i bought all to make an DIY hyperion ambilight, but i have a problem.

Some led don't want to react / just change or only for few min and after stay only full white or white red ! even if i put off the RPI3 B+.

I don't know what i can do, btw i put electricity only at one side or the led strip (i have 188 led apa 102 or 102 c) an AC of 5v 20A = 100w ? it is too small ? or it is a data problem with hyperion / the wire? i am on '' LIBREelec 9 "

( i wait for the moment the video grabber so it work only with internal grabber on kodi. )

If someone have some idea? thank you :)

• You may need a level converter on the signal line. Also, you might be running out of power towards the end of the strip.. the PSU has plenty of power, but it may not make it all around the strip properly due to resistance. Try connecting the other end of the strip to the same power supply and see if that helps any.

• thank of ur quick answer, i will try this the 23 april, because i tryed to make all with connector to don't put melt steal but 23 a friend can give me one so i will take the post informed at this date or maybe 24 ^^

• okey i come back before that date, i try to make a connector and put the kind of gpio wire to connect to the AC at the 2 side of the strip but nothing change at one moment (idk exacly when, random maybe) start to put the top side and right side all white/red it's keep also when i put of after the RPI if i don't disconect the AC of electricity.

Do you have other idea ? it can be more an Hypercon setting problem or AC ?

• i think i will make some welding because i touch the connector 90° when i press hard it re come normally so just that i hope, i wait to make it good middle/end of next week and i take informed to put maybe the problem on resolve so u had probably reason maybe problem of data ( btw the weith of my apa 102 (apa 102 c ) are 12mm (normmaly it's not 10mm?) and the connector that i buyed for was 10mm so i cut a little bit of connector but almost impossible to find connector 4 pin of 12 mm if u don't wait 1 month..

take informed next week and thanks for guide me

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!