Leds not working

• Hello all,

First of all thank you for great software and support on hyperion project.

I started following one of official tutorials about raspberry pi 3 + osmc + ws2801 leds, at first trial led strip was working but flickering and setting static color and was at least responding, after first day I decided to make only small cut of a strip work for test. I already checked every thread on both hardware and software support and still can not get it to work.

Here are what I tried so far:

Arduino + Ambibox + windows usb : System works leds changes colors according to screen everything is ok.

RaspberryPi 3 USB + Arduino + Hyperion (over ttyUSB0) : At 112500 rate I can set static colors on leds and can see the changes but when I open a video on kodi led colors does not change.

Raspberry Pi 3 Spi + Hyperion : Which is what official tutorial suggested I can not set anything even static colors. Hyperion seems working leds generally(Sometimes some leds does not light) lights all white nothing changes.

What I did to diagnose the problem:

1st I checked spidev pin, I downloaded spidev_test.c compiled it, short circuted the 19-21 pins and run the test the result shows success according to raspberry pi site

2nd I checked Hyperion, logs show no error and kodi grabber is enabled but nothing changes.

3rd I checked output that Hyperion wrote so I added

Code
    "device" :
        {
            "name"       : "MyHyperionConfig",
            "type"       : "file",
            "output"     : "/tmp/file.txt",
            "rate"     : 1000000,
            "colorOrder" : "rbg"
        },

to my config and checked if it writes anything to the file and the result was that it wrote to file according to my changes on color wheel.

4th I installed fresh osmc on another raspberry pi 1 and tested again no changes on leds.

I tried various "Baudrate" values and Grabber combinations and still nothing changes. I have nothing left to try now my last hope is this thread I attached my latest config file and here is Hyperion logs after sending and restarting:

Thank you all in advance.

• Selam cevap için teşekkür ederim,
    OSMC'yi zaten kullanıyordum ve stabil ve güzel olması hoşuma gitti şimdiye kadar libreelec denemedim, Hyperion icin daha iyi ise yedek raspberry pi üzerinde önce deneyebilirim. OSMC üzerinden spi pinlerinden hiç çalıştıramadım Hyperion u ancak araya arduino koyarsam çalışıyor, onuda filmlerdede çalıştırmayı başardım fakat direk spi üzerinden olursa amacıma ulaşmış olacağım :)

Hello and thank you for answer,

I have been already using OSMC and I liked the beauty and stabililty of the OS, I have not been able to make Hyperion work on spi alone I am able to make it work with adding and arduino over USB but my aim is to achieve it without Arduino :)

• Ok I installed libreelec on spare Raspberry and Leds started working over spi, for my main Raspberry I gave up on spi interface and just used Arduino over USB and will use it like that. After all the effort I am disappointed that I was not able to make it work without arduino :( Marking thread as solved, thank you all.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!