LEDs slightly flickering

• I have some (noticeable to me) flickering particularly on the far side of my LED strip.

I only have 76 LEDs but there was some yellowing on the far side when displaying white so I thought this might be a power issue. I bought some supplies to inject power and ground the far end of my LED strip, but after doing this the flickering is still present. The flickering seems more noticeable at the far side but maybe that's because that is more open to the room; the flickering is occurring on all sides.

I tested the voltage and without power at both ends I was getting ~5V at the start and ~4.5V at the far end.

Is there anything in the config that I could try adjusting?

• I followed the No Soldering Tutorial so my basic setup is largely the same as that

Multiple sources (Chromecast, Laptop, Nintendo Switch, PS4) into an automatic HDMI Switch ->
    Powered HDMI splitter ->
    TV and Powered HDMI to RCA converter ->
    Raspberry Pi 3 ->
    WS2801 LED strip connected to the Pi on GPIO pins for Ground, Data and Clock/Signal

Everything has its own power supply with the 5v and ground connected (now at both ends), there's no additional resistors or capacitors. The strip sections are joined by corner connectors.

• Add a resistor between the pin 19 and the LED. Maybe you also need it on the clock [CI] for the 4 wire LED.
    In either case, I recommend `WAGO` link-nuts for the no solder option, you can get them in small quantities. I solved a similar issue with a 145ohm resistor*, you can add a couple hundred more ohms and it will probably be even smoother. (the catch is: Higher resistance, higher latency).

*I literally just took a guess at how low I could go and tried one, your experience may vary.
    Good luck!

• Thank you all for the advice, I think I may have had a breakthrough on the software side!

I was re-doing my colour corrections from scratch and it did not have any flickering on the solid colours until I got to the darker grey.
    I found adjusting the threshold to 0.3 and compensated by increasing the backlight to 0.45 (I like having a constant light) which seemed to eliminate it significantly.

I believe there may be some conflict between the threshold and the backlight for what colour it wants to display per pixel.

It will require a bit more testing to see if it I'm happy with the result without any further intervention but so far so good.
    Here is my updated config:

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!