LEDs working in test - but no capture or Android Grabber reaction

• Hi all,

I'm running HyperBian on my Pi1 which is behind the TV and the LED strip is connected via GPIO to a little Arduino box and are working with the Effects tests -- so that bit is fine.

I have a USB grabber, which was originally from lightberry.eu many years ago.. which is identified as:

• Bus 001 Device 004: ID 1b71:3002 Fushicai USBTV007 Video Grabber [EasyCAP]

But with all the settings I can think of (including copying as much as possible from the site's docs) it wouldn't capture an image. But nevermind, I thought. My main device is an nVidia Shield - so I ran the Hyperion Android Grabber. This detects the Pi perfectly, seems happy with the connection - enabled.... and nothing. No reaction from the lights, and nothing added to the Source Selection...

What am I missing? I know the PSUs are all fine (not running off of dodgy USB ports, etc.) and the lights work perfectly if I send an Effect to them. Yet, even the Android Grabber won't light up the lights. I even tried it from my phone. Connects fine - no lights.

Happy to post any logs / configs / etc which will help - just let me know what you need and where I might find it ;)

Thank you in advance.

• Plus, this is all the /dev/videox devices:

I've tried them all, both as Input 0 and Input Automatic.

(Though I'm not massively concerned if the capture won't work - as long as I can get the Android Grabber responding)

Edit: Just to add further, the Hyperion Free app (Android) can connect and control the lights, run the effects, etc. so I don't think it's network related.

• Well, lack of replies I decided to reimage the Pi with HyperBian and reset up from scratch. And it worked straight away.

The resolution on the Grabber was wrong, so I took it off Automatic and it immediately stopped working. Put it back on Auto and its now dead.. So, yeah, alpha software there

But, Android Grabber now working fine so I'll use that until a newer version is released.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!