Lightberry and Hypercon

• Hi
    I have used the hyperion configtool (from Lightberry) in Kodi on my raspberry Pi. I would like to change some settings in Hypercon but the .json file cannot be opened in Hypercon. What can I do to get the settings from Hyperion config tool into Hypercon?

• I would advice you to delete te config generated by the lightberry plugin and made a new config file from scratch using Hypercon tool.
    I was suffering the same issue. I think the lightberry plugin is outdated or has some issues with latest hyperion versions.

PS: Before erasing the config file, you can open it with a text editor and take note of the first lines regarding the led chip and hardware type in order to provide the correct data on the Hypercon tool.

• You can uninstall the add-on from the Kodi addons menu.
    About the json config file, you can delete manually (Its on /root/etc/hyperion, at least on my Osmc installation) or just ignore it because you can overwrite it by sending your new config file from the Hypercon tool if you connect through SSH).
    And then what...download Hypercon tool on your PC, connect SSH on the program to your RPI, and from there you can install/update hyperion and also create the json config.

• The lightberry add-on is only for configuration, it does not install anything.
    The Hyperion is a service and plus some libraries to install on the system.
    Download Hypercon from https://sourceforge.net/projec…les/hypercon/HyperCon.jar
    Open that on your PC, I assume your Pi it's on the same network, then on the Hypercon tool go to the last tab and put the correct data to make able to connect through SSH to your RPI. Then click on connect and, if success, click on the install/update button. If you don't see any errors during the installation, then Hyperion is installed on your Pi system, and the you can proceed to configure from the same Hypercon tool.

• If you've generated the config file from Hypercon and transferred to the Pi, you are fine. At least it seems so on my setup. Don't know what are the differences between the config file from Lightberry add-on and the one from Hypercon.

• I mainly followed the tutorial for the config file available on the wiki on this site. Didn't take into account nothing from the lightberry config because I was suffering the same error you commented on the first post, so I deleted that file thinking it was corrupt or incorrect.

• Okay... i Will try to start from scratch and forget about lightberry and see what happens when using hypercon default values.
    What baudrate do you use for the apa102 leds?
    I have noticed a little but annoying delay in LEDs reacting on sudden brightness changes in the picture when using the grabber.
    Do you have this issue too?

• I only have succes with baudrate=1.000.000
    With other values i can't make it working.
    For the other issue Im not sure, there's some settings to play on the smoothing options and update values. On my setup it seems to react well to image changes normally.
    Don't forget to also configure the grabber options, disable the internal grabber and enable V4L2, look in the wiki how to configure that for the crop values ( to avoid black borders and green lines in the image captured by the grabber to process).
    Tomorrow I can send you mi config file if you like, I'm not at home right now.

• Yes, i have apa102, usb connection.
    Here´s my config:

• Hi
    Thanks for the settings :)
    I will try to put them in Hypercon and create a new json file.

Strange that the with and height for the grabber config is only 240x192. I thought that it should be DVD resolution 720x576.

I have an issue when trying to load a saved .dat file into Hypercon. It does not update the default settings like baudrate, output type etc. on screen with the ones I have saved. Do you have the same problem?

• The grabber settings are taken from the Lightberry site, but I've also tried with 720x576 and not noticed any improvement nor issues between both. In the beginning I have left the default settings from Hypercon, and can say it works well also. From what I saw, at least with the Lightberry grabber supplied, changing that settings does not make a big difference, but I suppose that lowering the resolution saves CPU and processing resources. The only thing you have to watch specially is the crop values. And maybe you can play with the priority (lower value is higher priority) which can help with the led response to image changes.

For the .dat file load, yes, it is an issue with the program. It loads everything except that one's you've noticed.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!