1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mobile Application update

Discussion in 'Development' started by Daniyal, 20 February 2019.

1. Daniyal

Daniyal New Member

Hardware:
    RPi1/Zero, +Arduino, +nodeMCU/ESP8266
    Hello fellow hyperion users! I am a Computer Science student at a University and I was thinking of writing an application for controlling hyperion to display colors and certain animation. I am planning on writing it on React-Native so that is available on andriod and iOS. So, My question is, whether or not I can get access to the existing application source code, to investigate what commands it sends and go from there? I am doing this just as a side project to improve my skills as well as moving the hyperion further.

Best.

2. b1rdhous3

b1rdhous3 Member Developer

Hardware:
    RPi1/Zero, RPi3, 32/64bit, +PhilipsHue
    Hi,

always great if someone wants to contribute in hyperion.
    SInce there is no official ios app for hyperion and the one in the app store is closed source i think you can't get information there.
    The creator of the android app is in this forum as well. Perhabs you can drop him a PM.

If you are thinking about creating a application for hyperion.ng I am happy to help you. I can assist with questions about hyperion and the commands you have to send.
    Just drop me am PM and we can look together into this. I wanted to learn something about react long time now, haha ;)

• Like Like x 1
  3. Daniyal

Daniyal New Member

Hardware:
    RPi1/Zero, +Arduino, +nodeMCU/ESP8266
    I PMed you.

4. Joeboyc2

Joeboyc2 New Member

Hardware:
    RPi1/Zero, RPi3, 32/64bit, +Arduino, +nodeMCU/ESP8266
    Hi Guys,
    Would be willing to test out a version of this when you get it working.
    might be worth speaking with the guy in the forums who created this .ng capable app: https://github.com/BioHaZard1/hyperion-android.

It hasn't been updated for a long time, and the source is not published, but it might save a little bit of time getting ti all up and running

5. isMunim

isMunim New Member

Hardware:
    RPi3
    Hey @Daniyal,
    I can assist with the development if you need more hands. Drop me a PM.
    Would love a modern app for hyperion. I still use hypercon on my laptop to turn it on and off.

6. Nik Raby

Nik Raby New Member

Hardware:
    RPi3, +Arduino
    Thank you so much for this I couldn't get it working for the life of me and now it is