Multiple Hyperion Instances

• First I want to thank the heavy lifters around here for this work. I love this software and you guys really are my heroes.

I know you guys have been busy updating the wiki since the latest version rolled out but I wasn't able to find nor am I good enough to figure out which files need to be edited and where said files would be located in order to start multiple hyperion instances at boot. Running a rpi3 with osmc. If anyone can point me to the right files I can probably use the wiki to figure the rest out. Just need to boot up a config for ws281x and another for an esp8266 using udp.

Thank you gentlemen.

• Greetings CarbonCrash,
    you are right, the wiki is a little bit outdated, and the current way is more a step in between another. There is also one step more we need to do here for a better usage in general.

It is quite easy
    for OSMC /Raspbian Jessie (Debian 8), Ubuntu 15.04 and higher (and all derivates like linux mint etc)

edit the following service file

Code
    nano /etc/systemd/system/hyperion.service

edit this line

Code
    ExecStart=/usr/bin/hyperiond /etc/hyperion/hyperion.config.json

to something like this (please use always your "main" configuration at the first position)

Code
    ExecStart=/usr/bin/hyperiond /etc/hyperion/hyperion.config.json /etc/hyperion/YOURCONFIGNAME.json

you could also start 3, 4, ..., 100, hyperion instances this way

Now after you saved the file you need to reload the service configuration

Code
    systemctl -q daemon-reload

If you need help for the esp, just ask.

• Thank you sir..... Very much appreciated.

• Would this also possible for, lets say, the normal hyperion.config.json (tv tuner input) and my hyperion.config.hdmi.json (for all hdmi devices)?

hyperion.config.json uses:

Code
    "device" : "/dev/video0",
            "input" : 1,

hyperion.config.hdmi.json uses:

Code
    "device" : "/dev/video0",
            "input" : 0,

as Input source.

If that is possible i really would like it....so my harmony remote actions would be much easier.

• Hi guys, I am trying to set up two Xiaomi Yeelights with my LibreELEC Hyperion system. I got to this post through this one: https://hyperion-project.org/t…-udp-server-solution.529/

I need to do this in LibreELEC but I am not finding this hyperion.service file on my Hyperion folder (storage\hyperion\bin). Am I searching on the wrong place? I already searched in /etc/systemd/ but there's nothing there. Does anybody know where this file or it's equivalent for LibreELEC is?

• Code
    ExecStart=/usr/bin/hyperiond /etc/hyperion/hyperion.config.json /etc/hyperion/YOURCONFIGNAME.json

you could also start 3, 4, ..., 100, hyperion instances this way

Hey everybody,

is this still working? Not having much luck running two configs from one command line...

regards
    Anthrax

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!