My HTPC - performance questions.

• Hello dear ;)

I build small HTPC inside old ATX psu case.
    [MEDIA=googledrive]0B0gguvpHYpJqNWprb012QVMwaEk[/MEDIA]
    [MEDIA=googledrive]0B0gguvpHYpJqM0t5OHBkazRjWlE[/MEDIA]
    [MEDIA=googledrive]0B0gguvpHYpJqRXd5VWxPcFdGdnM[/MEDIA]

Externer Inhalt www.youtube.com
    Inhalte von externen Seiten werden ohne Ihre Zustimmung nicht automatisch geladen und angezeigt.
    Durch die Aktivierung der externen Inhalte erklären Sie sich damit einverstanden, dass personenbezogene Daten an Drittplattformen übermittelt werden. Mehr Informationen dazu haben wir in unserer Datenschutzerklärung zur Verfügung gestellt.

Inside it I put 500W ATX PSU, odroid xu4, atmega8, NR24L01.
    Finally 74HCT132 is used just as a buffer between avr and my ws2812b strip.

I use avr board to control psu, IR/Radio transsmision and as pwm controller for regular RGBW strip leds,
    but currently for purpose of this test, I use it just to drive ws strips.

My odroid talk with avr by using hardware SPI but also tested with hardware uart(seams its a bit or two faster).

In hyperion configuration file I use ws2801 spi driver, and this protocol is translated to my strip based on 155 WS2812B leds.

In hyperion kodi plugin I set FPS to 60.

As we can see on the movie, there is still small noticeable delay.
    So I wonder where the bottleneck can be.

Is it a grabber issue, or maybe in my hardware?
    General how fast hyperion on hardware like xu4 can be?
    Is there some other grabbers that I could test, maybe hardware accelerated?

BTW, if you think that my issue can be by using avr I could design something that use DMA or even small FPGA.

I`m not sure if its true, but on hyperCon I just saw that is possible to define gap in the middle of TV.
    In my case I have gaps on left and right side and need to drop few frames inside my driver to match color position with movie.

If hyperiond support such led configuration please let me know how I can set it there.

Best Regards.

• Yes I saw this list.

As I have already everything mounted I don`t plan to change my leds.
    I change a bit my software and think that now my latency almost gone.
    Need to do more tests.
    Probably I will use additional attiny85 and move my driver code there to have free main avr for other tasks.
    As I think now, I could also wrote some effect that will show four block with different color and rotate it, so similar things like in move.
    By that way we drop latency that can arrive from grabber and see if the rest system works fine :)

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!