No Light with x86 Ubuntu 14.04 and Kodi 17.4

• Hello,

I have a problem with Hyperion under Linux. I use a yaVDR 0.6.1 based on Ubuntu 14.04. The installation of hyperion was succesfull. The WS2801 LEDS were controlled my an Arduino UNO (with FastLED libary) via /dev/ttyACM0 and the typ Adalight.

The Log File in HyperCon 1.03.2 show me no information, because Ubuntu 14.04 use upstart not systemd.

Code
    SSH Traffic:
    ssh connected
    ssh out:     sudo journalctl -u hyperion.service 2>/dev/null
    ssh out:     sudo systemctl start hyperion.service 2>/dev/null ; sudo /etc/init.d/hyperion start 2>/dev/null ; sudo /sbin/initctl start hyperion 2>/dev/null

If I manuelly start the deamon everything looks good.

After I started Kodi the Error with the Kodi Connection is still there. I use Kodi 17.4. I have installed the Hyperion Kodi Addon 1.02 but nothing happend.

I've heard that I must start the hyperion-x11 programm but that didn't work.

Code
    icke@glotze:~$ sudo /usr/bin/hyperion-x11

hyperion-x11:
        version   : V1.03.3 (brindosch-2fbbcff/2f01dfa-1495880388
        build time: Jun  3 2017 02:06:03
    X11GRABBER ERROR: Unable to open display. DISPLAY environment variable not set

I don't know what is the problem, is it a connection problem from kodi with the hyperion deamon? or have I choose the wrong parameters in HyperCon with my selfmade LED stripe?

I hope someone could help me or give me a hint. Thx

• I testet it but nothing. I dont see the rainbow swirl startup effect.

Code
    icke@glotze:~$ hyperion-remote -c azure
    hyperion-remote:
        version   : V1.03.3 (brindosch-2fbbcff/2f01dfa-1495880388
        build time: Jun  3 2017 02:05:39
    Connected to localhost:19444
    Set color to 240 255 255

I used the arduino sketch from this topic https://hyperion-project.org/t…-ws2801-ws2812b-apa102.8/
    After first plugin of the arduino usb cable I see the LED colors shine.

It could be that I have the wrong arduino sketch, but the sketch is from this forum only with another LED type. I have different serialrates in arduino sketch 460800 an in the hyperion.config.json 250000, but I dont think that is the problem.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!