No lights (only @ boot)

• I have an arduino rpi + OSMC setup. At bootup(with delay) the leds light up, then they go black again.
    In my hypercon I don't get any errors but i'm also not getting any colors. Not with the grabber not with the android app and not with hypercon.

It looks like it's getting the info:
    ssh in: Jan 25 03:06:37 osmcAllie hyperiond[275]: JSONSERVER INFO: New connection
    ssh in: Jan 25 03:06:37 osmcAllie hyperiond[275]: BLACKBORDER INFO: threshold set to 0 (0)
    ssh in: Jan 25 03:06:37 osmcAllie hyperiond[275]: BLACKBORDER INFO: mode:default
    ssh in: Jan 25 03:06:37 osmcAllie hyperiond[275]: JSONSERVER INFO: Connection closed

I've got the data cable connected to data pin 10.

This is my config file:

• I used everything from the tutorial from the mad scientist.

Externer Inhalt www.youtube.com
    Inhalte von externen Seiten werden ohne Ihre Zustimmung nicht automatisch geladen und angezeigt.
    Durch die Aktivierung der externen Inhalte erklären Sie sich damit einverstanden, dass personenbezogene Daten an Drittplattformen übermittelt werden. Mehr Informationen dazu haben wir in unserer Datenschutzerklärung zur Verfügung gestellt.

Adafruit_NeoPixel-master

• It's too hard to find the URL for the sketch on my phone from his video but t probably doesn't matter.

1) are you sure it's /dev/ttyUSB0 ?
    More logs from the startup would show an error if it's wrong

2) some arduino boards have USB serial chips that don't like odd baud rates.
    Try 115200 instead of 500000

• Changed the baute rate to 115200, but still the same result. When I reboot the PI after 20 seconds the leds lightup and then they go off again.
    No errors in the log.

• Sorry for the late response. I changed the delay settings:

Changed the delay in the arduino and in hyperion.

In the arduino: delay (1500); // (now 1.5)15 seconds delay at startup to avoid strange behaviours as the PI boots up etc

Then the ligths come on after 1.5s, but then I have the same result. Lights on at boot after that no lights.
    No errors in the log.

It looks like the arduino can reach the led strip correctly."

The log:"
    ssh in: Feb 01 10:22:20 osmcAllie hyperiond[1285]: BLACKBORDER INFO: threshold set to 0 (0)
    ssh in: Feb 01 10:22:20 osmcAllie hyperiond[1285]: BLACKBORDER INFO: mode:default
    ssh in: Feb 01 10:22:20 osmcAllie hyperiond[1285]: JSONSERVER INFO: Connection closed

• I can use the android remote. But I dont get the video grabber to work. I sitll use the config from above (the bautrate is different now).

When I clear the collors, I get some lights flickering green.

This i my log:
    ssh in: Feb 02 14:23:30 osmcAllie hyperiond[276]: BLACKBORDER INFO: mode:default
    ssh in: Feb 02 14:23:30 osmcAllie hyperiond[276]: JSONSERVER INFO: Connection closed
    ssh in: Feb 02 14:23:30 osmcAllie hyperiond[276]: V4L2GRABBER INFO: started

I checked with with putty, the grabber is device video0.

[ 775.870646] stk1160 1-1.2:1.0: V4L2 device registered as video0

Any ideas?

• Offizieller Beitrag

try this one...

BUT you have the stk1160
    [ 775.870646] stk1160 1-1.2:1.0: V4L2 device registered as video0
    this grabber is not the recommended one...

• I read people have issues with the stk1160. But they do get some results.
    I don't mind buying a different grabber, but I want to be sure that's the problem :).

To be sure, i ordered a UTV007 chipset grabber. But I hope I do get some results with the other grabber(the delivery time of the new grabber is 3 weeks :().

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!