Nodemcu vs Pi zero on a windows media pc

• Esp8266 vs Raspberry Pi zero 1

1. ESP8266 with WLED and running hyperion on windows (1) 100%
    2. Raspberry Pi zero with hyperbian in combination with windows screen grabber (0) 0%

Hi all,

I'm a bit in doubt which direction to go. I have a windows media pc running, which is connected to my tv with HDMI. The two options I have at the moment are:

1: Apa102 --> Logic shifter --> ESP8266 with WLED
    Running hyperion on the windows machine and sending the info to the esp8266

2: Apa102-->Logic shifter --> Raspberry Pi zero with hyperbian
    Using Hyperion screen capture (Windows Grabber) on the windows media pc, and sending it to the raspberry pi.

What would choose and why? And Is it better to send "led data" over wifi (option 1) or to send " screen data" over wifi (option2)?

Even better, it would be perfect to not use the network at all. Is it possible to connect the esp8266 to the pc with usb and run hyperion on windows?

• Offizieller Beitrag

Even better, it would be perfect to not use the network at all. Is it possible to connect the esp8266 to the pc with usb and run hyperion on windows?

yes! in this case you need the "adalight" as device, wled has also support for this protocoll,so you dodnt have to use network, but ALSO can controll the stripe over wifi with wled ;)

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!