not able to load config file, error during save

• In the application output, I'm getting the following error when clicking Save button:

Might not be able to load: DeviceConfig.mDeviceProperties = {output=/dev/ttyUSB0, rate=500000, delayAfterConnect=0}

It creates the file: HyperCon_settings.dat but if I restart HyperCon and try the Reload button, the configuration is not loaded, so I have to start all over with my configuration.

I am using version: (V1.01.2)(31.03.2016)

• Great, thanks!

I'm writing a new Instructable, that is based on an older Instructable that was using a previous version of HyperCon.jar so I'm updating the instructions in my new Instructable for this latest version of HyperCon.jar

Could you let me know when you've pushed the UI fix (again?), as I'll hold off publishing my new Instructable until you do.

THANKS!

• Still not fixed, sorry

Zitat

a different machine and getting different results there with it trying to load the .dat

Results? command line log maybe?

Zitat

but sets no values (keeps it at last state)

As pointed above it should be just a UI bug.

• Yeah, I really think it would be best to unify the various files into a single file. Maybe just add a new json object to the resulting hyperion.config.json that represents the HyperCon config settings, so that everything is stored in the resulting .json file. Then you can remove the whole load/save buttons, and just have a load config and save config? The actual hyperion application should just ignore the new json variables that represent the HyperCon config settings.

• May be possible, but if people upload a .json they will post much garbage. Not sure if hyperion crashes, we may need to append these values commented.
    I would prefer a .json file parser to read old configs. But i don´t have the time at the moment.

• Hmmm this seems to match the issue I hit yesterday:

I wanted to tweak my settings and copied everything HyperCon (the .jar, the local .dat in Applications and the set of HyperCon and Hyperion settings files) over to my MacBook.

The only setting it would transfer was the number and setup of LEDs - no other settings would populate. I can create the Hyperion .json all right and it transfers ok but after shutting down and restarting HyperCon I have to start all over.

Since I am chasing a few minor settings issues, this is not really ideal - is there any kind of logging that I could provide output from to help you track down the problem?

For the time being, I'm keeping my HyperCon open on the MacBook until I finally get the results I want. May need to take screenshots then...

Thanks,
    Jerry

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!