PI 3B Wifi quits when hyperion is running

• So I've been trying for a couple of days to get hyperion to work for me correctly. Initially i was having issues getting any kind of activity with the LED's but connecting a ground on the led's to the board as well as their power supply fixed the issue. I've got 2 pi's ones a 3B and the other is a 4. now my only issue currently on the 3B is whenever i install hyperion the wifi stops working shortly after. I've gotten everything else to work fine. led's light up when moving around the menu and boot pattern works as expected. I'd thought it was only after a reboot that the wifi quit but i did get hyperion and wifi to work just fine for a few minutes after freshly installing from hypercon. I've tried hyperion.ng even alpha 7 on the 3b but the web server just doesn't start there's no mention of it in the debug logs at all, the web interface for kodi on 8080 works just fine. It gets to setting visible priority and then no more entries. doesn't seem to exit just stops. I should mention that the Pi3 is running retropie for the OS and kodi as well the only other thing is its got openvpn installed all freshly updated which may be the issue.

I tried with the PI 4 and got hyperion working fine with raspbian but i had to use hyperion NG on it as hypercon didn't know the processor type. I got it working on the PI4 but the displaymax grabber doesn't function correctly i get 1 frame of a garbled image and then it never updates. manually tried all the other options and only got black screens in the viewer. the test effects work just fine and the website launches without issue. I had a brief issue with wifi on the PI 4 but i decided to change the ground to pin 6 instead of 14 after a reboot it seemed fine from there but it must have been just a fluke. Even unplugging the pins and having the led's unplugged for power and no where near the pi 3 didn't make a difference fresh reboot or not. As soon as i hardwired it and uninstall hyperion then wifi comes back.

Any idea's on logs to look at or something to try, I'd really like it to work on the pi 3, preferably without a fresh install but if that's the only choice i could perhaps try libelec on another sd card.

• I'll give it a shot. I did try it initially before hand and had the same website error. But I think in need to try a dist upgrade as well and see if I'm actually running the newest kernel for retropie. looks like i'm version 4.14.98 from feb 19 so its pretty old.

• Looks like there are issues with the raspbian repository at the moment ( it's not reachable to update packages) so i can't get everything setup at the moment to test. But I'm going to try a fresh copy of 4.6 retropie that has kernel 4.19 and then try hyperion.ng alpha 6 and see what comes of it tomorrow if the repo is fixed.

• repo worked today got it installed with hyperion ng alpha 6 but i'm getting no web interface on port 8090. 8080 works and gives me kodi. also top reports greater than 100% cpu usage for hyperion and its making everything slugish.

PID USER PR NI VIRT RES SHR S %CPU %MEM TIME+ COMMAND
    908 root 20 0 680880 533628 2068 R 112.6 69.7 0:52.04 hyperiond
    751 pi 20 0 607284 102072 6012 S 8.9 13.3 1:09.13 kodi.bin_+
    59 root 20 0 0 0 0 S 3.0 0.0 0:35.61 kswapd0

but good news is that the old version seems to work now and doesn't kill the wifi so i can stick with it for the time being.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!