Please help me connect Ws2811 on Minix neo u9-h

• Hardware used:
    Nano V3.0 ATmega328P controller arduino nano CH340 USB driver with CABLE NANO 328P NANO 3.0 Ws2811 Led Strip
    Minix neo u9-h @ Libre Elec 8.2.2.3
    OLED55C7 OLED TV
    Marantz SR 6011

Software:
    Windows 10 latest updates
    Hypercon V1.03.3

So I tried following the guide, setting all the zones and options and I connect through SSH and send the config through. and start/stop and read the log. But from what I can see nothing is working.

Not sure what to select @ the "hardware" tab either at "type" WS2801 gives me a log error for:
    LEDDEVICE ERROR: Unknown/Unimplemented device ws2801

If I select WS281X-RPI I get error
    LEDDEVICE ERROR: Unknown/Unimplemented device ws2812

If I try "adalight" No errors pop up. (on pc i have also selected adalight with ambibox and that seems to work)

Anyway No lights popup.
    So what do I have to do get something to pop up lights?
    Also where do I connect my usb arduino nano to? Host PC with Hypercon? or my Minix uh-9 neo box?

Any tips on making it to work? I feel im close. Since I think I have setup the rest pretty well.

• Ok fixed a part of it baud serial rate wasnt the same in the script of the Arduino as in the Hyperion script.
    Now using: Config AdalightAPA102, /dev/ttyUSB0, baudrate 115,200

Now I the lights are on, and I can controll the leds via the laptop eventhough colours seem way off.
    However the leds don't respond to the video that is being played on the box!!! Why is this?

Am I missing something? Interal frame grabber should do the job?

• Anyone?? really want to get this working!

Btw here are my hypercon settings:

Hardware tab: http://prntscr.com/kn0tq7
    Process tab: http://prntscr.com/kn0rdy
    Grabber tab: http://prntscr.com/kn0rgu
    External tab: http://prntscr.com/kn0rj9
    SSD tab: http://prntscr.com/kn0rnv

Then I tried Boblight Addon setup the t4a_boblight.ino file:

"Boblight Team LibreELEC - 8.2.100"
    "Kodi Boblight Bobo101, Memphiz - 2.0.18

And I can set a static LED colour and that works correct.
    Then I try some video's anime, 1080p movie, 4k hdr movie. ETC.
    Now for some video's it does seem to work. But no logic as to which videos.
    So far all 4khdr and 1080p movies don't seem to trigger boblight/ambilight.
    Only some anime trigger boblight/ambilight...

4kHDRand 1080P = movie section in kodi
    anime= tv show section in kodi

service.log
    [MEDIA=pastebin]KHupLVxf[/MEDIA]

• plz post the output from

Code
    lsusb

and

plug the device out and write

Code
    ls /dev

and then plug it in and write

Code
    ls /dev

and post the output

• Whoops my bad. I forgot to switch the usb cable of the ardunio from laptop to MINIX mediaplayer.
    Now the lights go on like with the other script.. However.. the lights are still not responding to any video I play in kodi...

This is my current log while playing a video:
    [MEDIA=pastebin]AUU91Zzc[/MEDIA]

• when you start hyperion the lights light up during initialization?
    can you post your hyperion.config.json?

the following points are activated in kodi?

"Allow remote control by programs on this system"
    "Allow remote control by programs on other systems"

Yes both are "ON" in Kodi.
    Here is a short video I made to show what it looks look.
    http://www.mediafire.com/file/…_20180908_131612.3gp/file

Static lights stay on, when play video. Same lights as when not playing any video.

JSON= here
    http://www.mediafire.com/file/…hyperion.config.json/file

I tried setting
    Priority channel to 100 or 1200 @ frame grabber but no difference.

• when you start hyperion the lights light up during initialization?
    can you post your hyperion.config.json?

the following points are activated in kodi?

"Allow remote control by programs on this system"
    "Allow remote control by programs on other systems"

Hope my last post helped since I really wish to make this work!! I will do anything for it. even pay someone to fix it lol. Just getting desperate.
    As it seems my setup should work.

Also as to your question "when you start hyperion the lights light up during initialization?" Yes lights start up and then they "settle" into a static sort of rainbow light.
    Eventhough I have booteffect/static colour disabled in Hyperion..
    Perhaps look at the video I posted above.
    Anyway thanks for even looking at this thread. Im so glad to have some replies after weeks.

• Comments? I see no comments. The only Thing I changed in this firmware is the PIN. Which is pin 7 for me.

Anyway I tried the firmware and no change whatsoever.

in the sketch you must also change:

// type of your led controller, possible values, see below
    #define LED_TYPE WS2812B to #define LED_TYPE WS2811

and #define MAX_LEDS 500 to #define MAX_LEDS 228 (the number of your leds)

change the type in hyperion.config.json from "type" : "AdalightApa102", to "type" : "adalight",

• Ah sorry I did define the number leds forgot to mention that. Do I need to put 228 leds? because I have 76 zones on my ledstrip of 3 zones. My friend says I should do 76 because the leds can't do individually all colours or something. 76x3=228

I did the change to "AdalightApa102", to "type" : "adalight" and WS2812B to WS2811
    Then I changed the colour order from GRB to BRG. (since this is what I changed it to for ambibox (still had to fiddle in ambibox with colours to make it look right)

But I downloaded the calibration pictures from the Hyperion guide and played them on my TV and it seems some are right and some are off for example:
    Yellow=blue
    Red=blue
    Magenta=Magenta
    Green=Green
    Cyan= yellow/green
    Blue=red

I notice Kodi now not having static light, and the LEDS seem to respond to the KODI menu. Which is good! one step further.
    Also the leds respond to the calibration pictures! great.
    However when I pick a tvshow/movie. ZERO response of the leds.
    Untill I bring up the UI of kodi to pause the movie. I will see a bit of light because of the UI..

So even if I fix the colours the leds still dont want to be on, with a video -_-

EDIT: Tried to mess around with the colours alot.. I can calibrate white by setting blue to 128 whitelevel.
    But other then that.. the other pictures. are impossible for me to calibrate for example I try to calibrate red.
    Red channel and green channel zero effect what I put there.
    Only blue channel responds to anything and it goes from magenta but nowhere near red.
    I put values like 32 red , 32 green in blue channel and then up them with 32 each time.

• GrabberV4L2 is for a USB grabber right? Not for me? I don't have an usb grabber. Or is this my problem to begin with, do I need an usb grabber?

EDIT:
    Ok so I tried a few things. I had the script set to BRG as this is how I setup in windows perfectly.
    The script I was recommended here says"colororder of the stripe, set RGB in hyperion"

I tried this and had wrong colours which I could not correct.
    RGB and BRG in Hyperion both gave me bad results.

So I tried BGR in Hyperion and colours are near perfect. except for cyan being too blue.
    Weird.. since I have BRG in arduino script.. why is BGR in hyperion at the same time giving me a good result?

I tried setting BGR in arduino script with BGR in Hyperion but that gave me a bad result again with green being red. So I will set it back to BRG in ardunio & BGR in Hyperion.. and see where that gets me..

• Ok I am a step further again... somewhat.
    I noticed that my "bleach MKV" video anime files do have ambilight and fully work!!!

But as for a normal MKV/M2TS movie with black borders doesn't seem to give ambilight.
    Tried also to download a RGB ambilight test seq from youtube as a MP4 file. Didn't give ambilight either..

EDIT:
    Found out all my bleach anime files are not working till 1/354 and only 355 till 366 give ambilight(was testing with episode 366 only)

http://prntscr.com/ksnll3
    Screenshot of 354 vs 366 episode (366 is right on the screen)
    Only difference I see is that the videofile that doesn't work is 8 bits regarding the other file which is 10 bits.. What does this mean?

And then again a 4k HDR film which is suppose to be 10 bits aswell... doesnt show ambilight.
    Mindfucked...
    What I also noticed is that if I play this 4k HDR movie the audio starts to lag and totally dissappear and video lag aswell... If I remove Hyperion from the MiniX then the movie plays fine.

• Maybe I wasn't entirely complete Yes all the "normal movies' so far don't seem to have ambilight that I tried. And all movies i have ussually are black border (atleast the one I tried were).

But as for anime, (doesn't have any black border) it doesn't have ambilight either most of the time.
    So I doubt this black border setting does anything to do with it. But I will try regardless. What do you think?
    Will report back later.

EDIT:
    black border detection was at 0%. tried value of 16% No change in ambilight.
    Next I disable black border detection. No change either.

Really I think black border detection is not the issue, or I would atleast have some ambilight on the side where the video still is, which is how it is when i play black border movies from kodi on my PC.

Any other ideas as to why only a certain MKV and UI is working and not 98% of my video's

• I found the problem!!! If i disable hardware acceleration in video settings now all video's have ambilight!! Hell yess!!

Still have 3 issues/questions however.

1. Which is my main issue atm. The colours are "fading" in and out which is annoying as hell making the ambilight colours not correct. So the colours are always "lagging behind by some" This happens mostly with scenes that are rapidly switching/changing. If the screen is mostly static you'll won't notice any problem. I think this might be a "feature" "effect" of some sorts i googled around can this be a "cinematic fade in/out effect" that is on? I don't see an option though for it.

Took a video check here: http://www.mediafire.com/file/…9/VID_20180915_123721.3gp

2. When playing HDR video's will the colours be correct? (still need to test this myself)

3. What Threshold value to attribute for playing 16:9 movies? I read around and saw some people talking about values ranging from 0.10 % to 0.25%
    But the guide mentions WAY higher values such as 14 or 16%. I tried both of them. But couldn't say which is more correct quickly. I think (not sure) that the 0.25% value caused in more ambilight then the 16% value.

https://hyperion-project.org/w…order-Detection-Threshold

• The colours are "fading" in and out which is annoying as hell making the ambilight colours not correct. So the colours are always "lagging behind by some" This happens mostly with scenes that are rapidly switching/changing.

The Smoothing settings have to do with that. I have set the "time" to 100ms and a "update frequency" of 20Hz.

Hope it helps.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!