Problem with leds not responding after startup effect and grabber not taking screenshot

• Hi All,

First of all, thanks for taking the time to take a look at my issue. I'm stuck for like 2-3 weeks now.

My setup:

• RPI3B+
    • Arduino uno (Nano didn't have enough mem for new Sketch)
    • WS2812B (I use 225 leds for this build)

Specifics:

• logic level shifter (3.3v - 5v which I use in all LED projects)
    • 470 ohm resistor
    • 1000uf capacitor

• 5V 10A power supply
    • HDFury Integral2 (scaledown from 4k - 1080)
    • Grabber

• EasyCAP USB 2.0 Audio-/Video Grabber with Syntek STK1160 (which is hooked now: )

• Logilink 2.0 (had the wrong version, didn't work: )
      • Easyday USB 2.0 UTV007 (didn't work: )

• Chromecast Ultra (device that I would like the feed from)
    • RCA male-male connector ()
    • HDMI2AV converter (haven't decided which one to use as I understood some are not functioning properly)

[INDENT][INDENT]1. Nierbo ()
    2. JarGaBo ()
    3. Mousou ()
    [/INDENT][/INDENT]
    So my setup is as follow:

RPI3B+ runs on Raspbian Buster, but I have used Libreelec and OSMC. Installed Hyperion via the Hypercon tool, via the addons section on Libreelec and manually via WGET etc. It always runs and I always have the same issue.

I've made sure the dtparam=spi=on and init_uart_clock=14745600 are added into the config.txt of RPI3B+

I use the sketchup for the Arduino Uno from this link (I've used all others as well):
    https://github.com/hyperion-pr…ino/adalight/adalight.ino
    Baut rate: 115200 (on both the Arduino and Hypercon settings)

RPI3B+, WS2812B and Arduino Uno are powered by 5V 10A (Both + and -). RPI3B+ is via USB connected to the Arduino.

From the Arduino the data pin wire (I use pin 2) is the 470 ohm resistor to the LV1 logic level converter pin, 3.3v connected to the LV and it is ground directly to the power adapter. On the logic level converter HV the 5V directly from the adapter (also tried the 5v from the PI), it is grounded directly to the adapter and the HV1 goes to the WS2812B data pin.

On the + and - of the power adapter is the capacitor.

WS2812B has 5V and ground directly from the power adapter. On the beginning and on the end to make up for power loss. If I measure the 5V and ground throughout the led strip, it's a very stable 5V (slightly higher).

The chromecast goes into the input of the HDfury integral2, splits the signal to 4K and 1080 (manual specifcally tells the setting for Ambilight project). This works. Output of the used HDMI is scaled back to 1080 (verified that this works) . This goes into the HDMI2AV, which is connected via the male to male converter to the grabber which is in the RPI3B+ USB.

Below are my log files and configuration file, to get that out of the way (I think I deactivate the internal grabber in this one, but I've tried also with the internal grabber enabled):

Log:
    [MEDIA=pastebin]HDgdHe0i[/MEDIA]

Config:
    [MEDIA=pastebin]WP0kTqi5[/MEDIA]

What works:
    Boot effect works (rainbow swirl). Hypercon app on Android enables me to change the effect (or color). Via the Web Gui it also works.

What does not work:
    1. Having any sort of LED reacting to anything (not on the test image or the grabber) after boot.

I've activated the internal grabber, deactivated it. After the boot effect it either does nothing or has a fixed pattern (depending on the OS, with the current Raspbian Buster top is white, than it gradually goes to yellow and than red on the sides). Weird thing is that using the hypercon app it works perfect (effects and solid colors). The moment I stop this, same thing happens as after the boot effect.

2. Taking a screenshot via the grabber (the one with the STK1160 seems to work (no errors in startup)). It is always black with weird pixels (I think the grabber is trying to capture something but I guess the signal is not coming through or something. Let's hop I don't need to purchase a new HDMI2AV converter as I already have 3....)

Screenshot: https://ibb.co/kqmdBL1

I'm happy to test anything or start over completely. This issue is driving me nuts.

I appreciate any help.

Regards,

DuMees

• I've completely rewired everything. New Arduino Uno, new logic level converter, new wires. Left the resistor of 470ohm out. Works exactly the same...
    Upped the baud rate to 500000 (still works).

Noticed that the leds only stay on with the weird pattern if the internal grabber is activated. It looks like it tries to display something.

I'm at a loss. Don't know where to look anymore.

• Ok, I've gotten the first issue resolved. I've installed the latest OSMC. Did everything by the book and the internal frame grabber works if I play a video file from the attached USB drive. I guess it maybe worked all the time, I simply assumed that the test image would also render the LEDS.

Last, but not least is the issue with the video grabber.

• The only grabbers I've known to work are the UTV007 ones ..

I've done and redone this project about 5 times in the last year and blown my budget out the window another 5 times. Happy to say that I think I'm almost almost there... Anyway
    I did encounter this problem
    At the time what solved was a reset and fresh install of all software and drives
    But again I use the utv 007

• Today I received this grabber: amazon.de/gp/product/B07DWW2JVT/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o06_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Doesn't work. Although it says UTV007, I don't think this is actually it. Will be ordering a new one. This is the 4th already. Hope the next one I ordered works. If anyone has another idea why it doesn't work, I'm happy to hear.

Output of dmesg:

[MEDIA=pastebin]LNfweEPz[/MEDIA]

• Might be too little too late but this is the one I bought and work straight away:

https://www.insaneware.de/epag…ucts/usbgrab&Locale=de_DE

With the grabber(s) plugged in , what does the command lsusb show on pi?

• Hi all,

Just wanted to give an update for people experiencing similar issues.

I finally got it working with this grabber:

https://lightberry.eu/shop/shop/easycap-video-grabber/

There where 2 things that were causing it not to work.

1. The video grabber, the link in this reply work perfectly.

2. The Male to male adapter for in between the grabber and the av converter:

I've replaced the male to male adapter with a cable (male to male) and now it works like a charm.

The av converter that works is the JarGABO. I've posted the link in one of the replies above.

I hope I can save someone from the same agony like I had.

DuMeesz

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!