Rapidly flickering LEDs

• Hey folks,

I searched and found a couple of posts about similar issues, but the fixes there didn't quite work for me, so figured I'd ask here. Please excuse any mistakes in my language, I'm no electrician (which may very soon become apparent)

I put together a new setup this week, using a set of SK9822 lines, which I read on here are compatible with Hyperion, and a Pi B+. I'm using a 5v, 8A psu, which I have wired into a barrel jack, which is powering both ends of the strip. 1 GRD and 2 data wires from the strip are plugged into the pi, 1 power and 1 grd from each end are plugged into the PSU. There is another "spare" 5v power wire I have not plugged into either the Pi or the PSU but I'll get to that in a sec.

My issue is that at certain kinds of color and light, the LEDs will go completely ape, flickering like mad all different colors and luminosity. This issue happens basically randomly, but some kinds of light are clearly more likely to trigger the effect. The one thing that appears to solve the issue is hooking that "spare" 5v into the Pi, but that also causes the pi to overheat and crash it seems, and also stops me being able to manually shut off the lights without also unplugging the pi.

Here is my Hypercon json
    [MEDIA=pastebin]fGL9xuB0[/MEDIA]

And here's a video I shot of the issue - seizure warning!

Externer Inhalt www.youtube.com
    Inhalte von externen Seiten werden ohne Ihre Zustimmung nicht automatisch geladen und angezeigt.
    Durch die Aktivierung der externen Inhalte erklären Sie sich damit einverstanden, dass personenbezogene Daten an Drittplattformen übermittelt werden. Mehr Informationen dazu haben wir in unserer Datenschutzerklärung zur Verfügung gestellt.
    - Front
    Externer Inhalt www.youtube.com
    Inhalte von externen Seiten werden ohne Ihre Zustimmung nicht automatisch geladen und angezeigt.
    Durch die Aktivierung der externen Inhalte erklären Sie sich damit einverstanden, dass personenbezogene Daten an Drittplattformen übermittelt werden. Mehr Informationen dazu haben wir in unserer Datenschutzerklärung zur Verfügung gestellt.
    - Back

I have tried putting a filter in the mix and had minimal change, and messing with the baud rate didn't seem to help either, tho I'll admit I'm largely doing that blind without much of an idea of what it does. I DID have this problem with my first Hyperion build, which I solved at the time by cranking the saturation values way high. I have no idea why that worked by heyho. I've also tried another PSU but the only one I had on hand wasn't super reliable in the first place, so it could be that.

Any thoughts appreciated, thank you!

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!