Raspberry Pi 0 with Raspbian Stretch Lite Failing to Start Hyperion Systemd Service

• Here is the logs:

Code
    https://pastebin.com/raw/keWLtbbN

Hyperion seems to start and stop over and over until it says failed. It says "See 'systemct1 status hyperion.service' for details" but with multiple google searches and using 2 different devices and RGB strips I have decided on posting my own forum post. I am using a Raspberry Pi 0 and Raspberry Pi 0 W both of which come to this error. I downloaded the latest raspbian lite as well as the latest hypercon.

• This issue had me redo a setup multiple times. First boot always fail. If you stop/start hyperion manually it will run pretty stable. Once a month I have to do a reboot.

Running pi zero w over wifi.. Works great for me. But I am curious what is causing this issue.

• This issue had me redo a setup multiple times. First boot always fail. If you stop/start hyperion manually it will run pretty stable. Once a month I have to do a reboot.

Running pi zero w over wifi.. Works great for me. But I am curious what is causing this issue.

So what you're saying is I need to remove hyperion using hypercon (or using a command) and then start and stop hyperion manually? Whats the command to start and stop manually?

But thanks for the help! Just out of curiosity what kind of LED strip did you use and did you hook up an arduino to the pi zero w or did you wire the LED strip to the pi's GPIO pins?

• No one read the logs lol.

Code
    ssh in:     Jun 17 21:46:59 raspberrypi hyperiond[325]:   what():  V4L2GRABBER ERROR: Cannot identify '/dev/video0' ERROR 2, No such file or directory

your grabber isnt detected right, check /dev/video0 please

• Sorry, I didn't read the log. First try to fix the issues that give you an error.

You can use hypercon to start/stop the service. No need to uninstall.

I am using apa102 with a level shifter to the gpio pins. Used an old usb hub case to have a small case.

• No one read the logs lol.

Code
    ssh in:     Jun 17 21:46:59 raspberrypi hyperiond[325]:   what():  V4L2GRABBER ERROR: Cannot identify '/dev/video0' ERROR 2, No such file or directory

your grabber isnt detected right, check /dev/video0 please

I realized I got the wrong grabber and the new one actually just came in with the UTV007 chip so hopefully it'll work now

• I fixed it and hyperion seems to start and recognize the grabber but still no luck. However 2 LEDs did come on and they're white if that helps.

Here's my new logs aswell
    [MEDIA=pastebin]vwKeZszJ[/MEDIA]

Edit: fixed pastebin link

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!