Raspberry Pi 1 Model B? Power Supply?

• Hey everyone,

I've got Hyperion up and running on a

The capture card appears to be working and sending accurate colors to the LEDs, however, I am experiencing some lag between the TV and the LEDs (about .5 second). I've tried playing with the Hyperion settings and they have helped a tiny bit. I'm wondering if any of the components that I am using is contributing or causing the lag, or if I just need to fiddle with the settings some more. There are a lot of variables here (e.g. inadequate power supply, using an old Pi 1) so I'm hoping someone can guide me in the right direction. I don't mind buying different parts, I just don't want to buy new things without knowing if they will help.

Everything looks great except for the small delay, so I'm excited to get it fixed! Thanks everyone! P.s. I can upload a video of the delay if needed.

• hello Geezee,

your powersupply needs a upgrade, thats for sure. Use the powersupply to power everything and ground it together Led's/Raspi/PSU (powersupply)
    The way is do the calculating; Raspi uses approxmately between 800mA and 1 Amps,
    Ledstrip wil use between 1,5 and almost 2 Amps for 100 Leds of 5050 type > every 100 Led's more you need 2 Amps more.

it doesn't matter how much Amps your PSU can handle, the more Amps the better and will stabilize your PSU> 5 volts stay in harmony and don't shift from too low/too high. .
    The guys here and myself uses big PSU from 10AMps until 35Amps myself and everything in between.

second, i would suggest a change in the config file >> probably your CPU is not running on maximum thrust, therefor the config file has to be altered
    example;

# For more options and information see

# http://rpf.io/configtxt

# Some settings may impact device functionality. See link above for details

arm_freq=1400
    over_voltage=6
    temp_limit=80
    gpu_freq=550
    core_freq=525
    v3d_freq=525
    force_turbo=1
    max_usb_current=1

avoid_warnings=1
    avoid_warnings=2
    avoid_pwm_p11=1
    sdram_freq=500
    sdram_schmoo=0x02000020
    over_voltage_sdram_p=6
    over_voltage_sdram_i=4
    over_voltage_sdram_c=4
    disable_splash=1

# uncomment if you get no picture on HDMI for a default "safe" mode

#hdmi_safe=1

# uncomment this if your display has a black border of unused pixels visible

# and your display can output without overscan

disable_overscan=1

# uncomment the following to adjust overscan. Use positive numbers if console

# goes off screen, and negative if there is too much border

#overscan_left=16

#overscan_right=16

#overscan_top=16

#overscan_bottom=16

# uncomment to force a console size. By default it will be display's size minus

# overscan.

framebuffer_width=1920

framebuffer_height=1080

# uncomment if hdmi display is not detected and composite is being output

hdmi_force_hotplug=1

# uncomment to force a specific HDMI mode (this will force VGA)

hdmi_group=1

hdmi_mode=16

# uncomment to force a HDMI mode rather than DVI. This can make audio work in

# DMT (computer monitor) modes

#hdmi_drive=2

# uncomment to increase signal to HDMI, if you have interference, blanking, or

# no display

#config_hdmi_boost=4

# uncomment for composite PAL

#sdtv_mode=2

# Uncomment some or all of these to enable the optional hardware interfaces

#dtparam=i2c_arm=on

#dtparam=i2s=on

#dtparam=spi=on

# Uncomment this to enable the lirc-rpi module

#dtoverlay=lirc-rpi

# Additional overlays and parameters are documented /boot/overlays/README

# Enable audio (loads snd_bcm2835)

dtparam=audio=on

#gpu_mem_256=128

#gpu_mem_512=256

#gpu_mem_1024=256

#overscan_scale=1

gpu_mem=512

you can find the config file on SD card,

• Oh man thanks for all the info! I should have specified that I am currently using two separate power adapters (one for pi and one for LEDs). I swapped out the old raspberry pi 1 for a raspberry pi 3 that I was using elsewhere, and the delay seems to be way less dramatic. It's pretty much unnoticeable now.

Another question I had though that is unrelated to lag/delay: how do I get the LEDs to turn off when I turn off my TV? I'm using a Fire TV stick and I think the input remains active even after I turn off my TV. I confirmed this by turning off my TV and navigating the Fire TV menu with my remote and the lights are still reacting. It seems like the Fire TV never goes to "sleep", it just displays a black screen. Will Hyperion ever go into an idle state with the Fire TV doing that?

Thanks for all the help!

• i don't know how really, some do it with the setting Signal Detection,

default its 0.75 and 0.25 but you can set it diffrent so when tv signal is not coming into the grabber the lights shut off.
    but i have to say, i didn't experiment with that only a little.
    so i can't say much about that :)

i build a box myself with relay, so when i want to watch> RPI switch on and with automatic script Hyperion starts up the lights.
    very easy.

• I’m going to be honest, I understood about 17% of what you just said haha

I’ll play around with the signal detection levels to see if I can get it right!

• aha, okay!

somewhere here on Hyperion forum there's the settings, i believe it was 0,9 en 0,98 vertical and horizontal on signal detection

I think I figured out a solution! It's probably not the ideal way, but I ended up increasing the red, green, and blue threshold under signal detection. Now when the screen blacks, the LEDs turn off! Thanks for all your help jeroen!

Marking this thread as solved for anyone passing through.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!