RPi 3 + RetroPie + Hyperion - Starting to give up!

• I'm pretty much a noob when it comes to Raspberry Pi, but I've had it a while now and set up RetroPie a while ago.

Wanting to go one step further I decided I would add hyperion for use with Retro Pie and Kodi (ports).

I've had the hardware (WS2801) a couple of months until I found time to see down and follow the tutorials I had found.

I've followed various tutorials that show how to install but not with Retropie.

I've even seen builds using the ambilight with Retropie, which link to the "tutorials" which end up being for everything but retropie...

I've even tried using the lightberry add-on in Kodi but it doesn't want to work, I just get the errors that I need to run the command line.

When I've tried using Hypercon through my laptop it creates the config, connects and successfully sends it to the pi. Unfortunately, when I click start, nothing happens.

Getting error Unable to locate package libprotobuf7 when installing packages, could this be the file holding me back? The file exists here http://packages.ubuntu.com/precise/libprotobuf7 but it doesn't seem to find it, is there a way to manually add it?

Total noob at this but I've followed each step to the best of my ability and it just isn't happening.

Most tutorials seem to also cater to experienced individuals and don't go into detail or describe each step.

I would really like to have this set up, especially since I have paid for all the parts etc.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!