RPi zero W - LEDs work, then don't, then work again...

• Previously, i was using an RPi 3 to run Hyperion, and everything worked fine. Now I tried switching to a RPi zero W to get a smaller footprint.

When running Hyperion on the zero W, it seems like it grabs the image for about 2-3 seconds and controls the LEDs correctly, then all LEDs turn off for about 5 seconds, then back on and it works again, back off, on... you get it, it's an endless loop.

I tried using the Pi3 again, and that one still works like a charm, so the only hardware difference is the Pi.

Does anyone here have a hinch on what could be going wrong in this scenario? (The configs on both RPis are identical) - I am kind of running out of ideas.

Also the "take grabber screenshot" option always returns the correct image.

Pastebin of my config: [MEDIA=pastebin]xTLR2LFn[/MEDIA]

• Hi,

Are you using a usb grabber or the internal grabber? I see both are enabled. I believe only one should be.

Hope it helps.

• Hmm, i got it to work for a second with a slightly modified config, but i am encountering very strange other issues here.

After installing raspbian-lite on the ZeroW, everything works fine, i can use it like expected. Once Hyperion is installed and runs, it just takes a few minutes until the filesystem corrupts somehow and gets re-mounted as read-only. After that everything starts bugging out. The hyperion service doesn't start properly after a reboot, some network services don't start at all (have seen bluetooth and dhcp issues).

This is reproducible with my RPiZeroW and multiple SD cards (one brand new, one a bit older but still quite new).

I think some part of Hyperion, or a dependency of it doesn't work properly on the RPiZeroW and breaks something horribly.

edit: should also mention that all those problems are not reproducible with the RPi3 and the RPi2

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!