RPI3 + OpenELEC 8.0.4 + Hyperion + WS2812b

• Hi,
    This is my first post on this forum so hello everyone. I have a problem with a newest Openelec as in subject trying to get my leds working. I have a working configuration on version of openelec 6.0.3 but I cannot get it working on 8.0.4. I wanted to install it from a fresh install so here is what I did till now.

1. I have cloned image to the sd card and run simple setup on the first run
    2. In config.txt I have addes: dtoverlay=pwm and dtparam=spi=on
    3. My ws2812b are connected to rpi via joint gnd and pin GPIO18
    4. I have installed hyperion via script from raw.githubusercontent.com/tvdzwan/hyperion/master/bin/install_hyperion.sh whis is 14MB and the original only 2MB
    5. I copied hyperion config file to /storage/.config/hyperion.config.json
    this is my config file

6. I've changed hyperiond to one from here: [MEDIA=googledrive]0B98LFxMHGsXMWWUyWEppd0xqLXM[/MEDIA]
    7. I run the hyperion in command line like this : LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/storage/hyperion/bin /storage/hyperion/bin/hyperiond /storage/.config/hyperion.config.json to see all in bash
    And here is the output:

The problem is that the leds are not responding to anything. When I plug in my old image with openelec 6.0.3 every thing is working just fine. I did the same config as in the old one. Is there anything that I need to change? I also tried installing normally as wrote in the wiki but whithout any succes. Even when I change to ws281x in config hyperion is not working (segmentation error with code dump or something like that - don't remember right now). I spent 2 days on it trying many tutorials and starting from scratch. What I'm doing wrong with this?

• EDIT: I've just tried from the scratch. I've made a clean install OpenElec and run java HyperCon. I made hyperion install via Hypercon and then I've sent newly made config in json. My led didn't even blink. Hyperion throw segmentation fault with ws821x type. The same is on LibreElec.

Anyone got this working on OE 8.0.4? or the newest Librelec? If yes then how? Maybe someone can send me their config and zipped hyperion install folder ? I would appreciate that

• i got mine working with hypercon and using SPI on libreelec and OSMC, have you tried force_turbo=1 and core_freq=250 ?
    sounds like it could be a connection issue? got a multimeter? test some things. see if you get fluxuation from the data pin and ground when you have an effect running

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!