RPi3B + Hyperion = tearing my hair out

• my RPi3B is running Arch Linux ARM.

Hi! I have a WS2812B strip that I connected to GPIO18 with a 3v3<>5v converter.

There's a 270Ohm resistor between the data pin and 5V.

I've used an arduino to try if it works - it does. I've tried the rpi_ws281x project and use it on the RPi3B - it works!

But whatever I do, Hyperion doesn't work

I've tried the hyperion-rpi-bin from the AUR - the default config kept crashing, I've generated one with hypercon.jar - [MEDIA=pastebin]78VWkVcT[/MEDIA] - that seems to kinda load?

then I tried "Hyperion Free" from the android Play store, connected to the RPi3B but applying colors on the color wheel doesn't do anything.

Also starting hyperion with whatever config lags the hell out of the RPi3B to the point where I can't even SSH into it sometimes for a while.

• I did not solve the problem.

I managed to blow one of the LEDs again(likely because I do not have a capacitor yet in the circuit), so I gave up at the moment.

The hyperion software, even though I compiled the latest git version(when I first posted), insanely hogs my RPi3 down, it seems to be I/O related. I'll create a bug report about that when I'll be back home(May).

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!