Shorten "Signal Detection" duration?

• Hi everyone,

I was wondering if the signal detection duration can be shortened somehow?

I've got the colour accuracy and gamma of the LEDs perfect now, but unfortunately had to boost brightness to the point that black is high enough to create a signal. Backlight is at 0% already.

It gets picked up by signal detection threshold 8%, but it takes too long to kick in to be useful in movies during fade to black cuts.

Running Hyperion NG Alpha 7 on Raspberry Pi 4 with lastest OS

Thank you in advance!

• It currently takes about 3 seconds for the signal detection threshold setting to switch off the LEDs. I would love to shorten the timeframe so that the LEDs turn off in movies when the scene fades to black. Those transitions currently are too short to be picked up by the 3 second interval.

• I know exactly what you mean, when I had the ws2801 leds it took a longer time to detect blacks" in a frame. So indeed after 2 till 3 seconds with 14/9 display broadcast on a smart tv 16/9 you had two black bars (which can be be also in 4/3 broadcasts!

I have now the APA102 and this goes a lot better with barely 1 sec of delay .
    You have to alter this with black bar detection and RGB ttesholds see my settings for this in another topic from today. :)

• Thanks Jeroen. I'm running APA102 as well and found the colours to be more accurate with my HDMI USB grabber with gamma at 1.4. Using your default values for vmin/vmax and hmin/hmax of 0.25 and 0.75 doesn't change the response time, it still takes between 3 and 4 seconds. I appreciate you sharing your values but will require the signal detection timer to be shortened on a system level.

Edit: enabling blackbar detection also doesn't make a difference to the processing time and interferes with my setup unfortunately

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!