Some LEDs sometimes turn on "by their own"

• Hello,

Maybe someone has an idea, where to look at.
    I have a setup with Rasperry Pi 3, APA102C LED Strip with 121 LEDS and a 5V20A BTF Lighting Power Supply.
    Also in the setup is a Video Grabber, a HDMI2AV converter and a HDMI Splitter. The latter 3 should be irrelevant though, since the problem only occurs when the Ambilight is off.
    When Ambilight is on, everything works 100% and I am totally happy.

The problem: When the Ambilight is off, sometimes some LEDs (mostly around the first 20 LEDs, sometimes also some later LEDs, but always in the first 2 segments of the setup) turn on by their own. This happens more or less once in 30 - 60 minutes.
    It seems they receive 1 data signal which makes the turn on in mostly blue and red colors, then nothing more happens. They are just on. I can fix it by switching processing via hyperion on and off again, then all LEDs are black again for the next time.
    I checked the wiring, it looks okay (not perfect, I had not been soldering for 15 years before, but okay). So no shortages or stuff like that.
    And as I said, the setup basically works all perfect except for some LEDs turning on on their own all 30 - 60 minutes.

Any ideas?

• Hello Elhyperiono :) ,

i have the same issue but only 2 or 3 around the termination.
    i'm suspecting that the led are little bit dammaged when i weld connectors.

when you stop the service hyperion and you press the heating element on the led strip close to the led you should see a color light right ?

• Ok forget what i said..; the led color changing only when the all led are working and pressing the black component.
    other thing i noticed is when i'm connecting some other element to the multisocket one or two led are switching on... so i'm suspecting some electrical disturbance.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!