1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

SOLVED Start internal grabber from hyperion-remote

Discussion in 'Software Support' started by hissingshark, 19 May 2017.

1. hissingshark

hissingshark New Member

Hardware:
    RPi3, +Arduino
    Hi, I've got a working setup of:
    RPI3 running OSMC,
    Arduino Uno R3 (via USB)
    WS2801 (96 leds).

Initially I was controlling using the android app.
    I'm now trying to implement some automation using hyperion-remote on the command-line.

Q1.
    I've managed to replicate the start/stop of effects and setting static colours, but how do I switch back to the internal grabber? On the app there's a "power button" that selects it, but I can't see anything in the man pages for hyperion-remote. I tried to check the app source code to see what method it uses, but that's not publicly available...

Q2.
    If the grabber is already running and I switch to a colour or effect on the command-line, then the app lets me override that colour/effect, but I can no longer start the grabber again from the app.
    But if I first select a colour/effect from the app and the change them on the command-line the grabber can still be started from the app. Odd behaviour ?bug.

Cheers,

2. penfold42

penfold42 Moderator Developer

Hardware:
    RPi1/Zero, RPi2, RPi3, 32/64bit, +Arduino, +nodeMCU/ESP8266
    You probably need the clear command in Hyperion-remote.

The grabber is already running but your colour or effects are at a lower priority so take precedence.

I think it's -x from memory to clear "your" priority

3. hissingshark

hissingshark New Member

Hardware:
    RPi3, +Arduino
    Ah, I get the priority thing now. I used --list to monitor the priority given to the events.

The grabber seems to use 890.
    Events from the command-line default to 100.
    These were over ridden by the app, which issued them at 50.
    The power button only clears the 50 events, so any residual command-line events took over rather than the grabber kicking in.

Using the -p option to set events from the command-line to 50 allows the 2 systems to dovetail nicely, each overriding the other as required.

Many Thanks.

• Like Like x 1