Tv far from wall

• Hi all,

I really want to use hyperion but my only issue is, that my tv stands 45cm from the wall.

Would it still be possible to see the desired hyperion effects? And if so, will the apa102 60leds/m suffice? Does anyone have any experience with a tv so far from the wall?

Really looking forward to your answers.

• Don't know if this will help you any but i recently took the plunge (1 week ago lol), I went for the 5v WS2812B strip @ 60/m. (3m in total were used for LG 49 inch)

The TV sits in a corner, roughly 20cm from the wall at either side and the centre of the tv is around 70cm from the corner of the wall.

When its up and running its awesome and no problems seeing any of the colours at any of the sections, the top strip easily lights up the full corner right up onto the ceiling (around 1 meter from the top of the tv)

If anything I think around 45cm would probably be ideal to diffuse the light a bit and give it a softer glow as I find the sides on mine are a bit strong at times and would benefit from being further away.

• When you put it like that, it makes sense... It's just that I see everyone having their tv within 15cm from the wall. And I couldn't find any examples with tv's further away.

But your answer gives me " hope" . And in the end the only thing's I've to buy are a led strip and a power supply. If it doesn't work I'm sure I'll find another purpose for it.

• TBH that's the way i thought of it too, £25 on some leds' if it didnt work i'm sure i could use them else where plus I have had the pi here for long enough and never put it to use apart from PiHole and Emby

power supply - i have been using an old pi3 charger and it seems to be handling it well, i even tried a low power phone charger and it worked :whistle: I have ordered a proper power supply though as the electrician in me aint happy with the current setup.

but overall very happy with it all, its a gamechanger and it will only get better as progress moves towards stable development.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!