Unable to get anything to work

• Hi, I'm new to Raspberry Pi and Hyperion and I've spent the last 2 days struggling to figure out why my setup won't work. The LEDs won't turn on except for the first one which is a dim blue/green colour and sometimes the second LED which is a bright yellow (they stay on when removing power from the Pi). Taking a grabber screenshot is just showing a black screen as well.

First of all here's the parts list that I'm using:
    Raspberry Pi 3b
    BTF-LIGHTING 16.4ft 5m WS2812b 60leds/pixels/m
    Youii AC 110V/220V to DC 5V 10A 50W)
    Aplic - USB 2.0 audio / video grabber
    HDMI Splitter 2 Way Hdmi Splitter 1 in 2 out
    RCA to HDMI, GANA 1080P Mini RCA Composite CVBS AV to HDMI Video Audio Converter Adapter

My Raspberry Pi has a fresh install of OpenELEC and newly installed Hyperion using HyperCon.

The setup diagram I've been following is this (please excuse the bad Paint edit :p):

The Raspberry Pi / LED strip / Power supply is setup like this:

And the config file:

And here's what the 'Get Log' button gives me:

Is there anyone who has any suggestions on what the issue might be? I'm pulling my hair out trying to get this to work.

Thanks

• That power supply will be great for powering JUST the Rpi. However its inadequate to power 176 led's.

Each led consumes -/+60ma. 176 led is just over 10amps. You will need at least a 15amp power supply to power the leds properly. I would keep the small power supply for just the Rpi and add a second power supply for the led's

Hope it helps..

• That power supply will be great for powering JUST the Rpi. However its inadequate to power 176 led's.

Each led consumes -/+60ma. 176 led is just over 10amps. You will need at least a 15amp power supply to power the leds properly. I would keep the small power supply for just the Rpi and add a second power supply for the led's

Hope it helps..

Whoops, looks like the one I bought isn't actually available on there anymore, mine was the Youii AC 110V/220V to DC 5V 10A 50W. Thanks for the suggestion, I've got some LEDs left over so I'll try a single strip of about 40 and see if they light up.

The Pi itself is plugged into a 6x usb port charging station along with the HDMI splitter and the AV to HDMI converter.

• why you are use the usb video grabber?
    if there is no external video source(only the rapsberry pi) you can use the internal framegrabber
    ...the usb grabber,hdmi splitter and RCA to HDMI are not needed...

Plan was to have it use a HDMI switch so I can use it for my Sky TV and Nintendo Switch too

That power supply will be great for powering JUST the Rpi. However its inadequate to power 176 led's.

Hope it helps..

Okay so a strip of 35 lights work so you're right that I need another power supply. Thanks for your help :)

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!