Unable to initialize ws281x library.

• Hi everyone, i am facing the same issue as described here, but decided i would start a new thread cause this might come out as a new bug.

So heres the story:

My Setup:

Raspberry Pi Zero Wireless with latest raspbian installed from noobs.
    2.1A power supply
    WS2812b led strip connected to pin 12 (GPIO 18) - this is not necessary since hyperion does not start even with the led unplugged.

I've installed hyperion via HyperCon and i am facing 2 separate issues. 1st - if i select WS2812b RPi1 only as a type and start hyperion - my system halts with a purple screen as in the post mentioned above, the only way to start raspberry back is to change ws2812b in the config to ws281x. And 2nd, if i select ws281x - i get "Unable to initialize ws281x library" and hyperion is not starting.

So the questions are, which one should i select for raspberry pi zero wireless model with ws2812b led, and how to deal with those 2 issues? Thank you very much.

My config file, i am getting a unable to initialize with this one:

• That config doesn't look quite right. However I'm still learning the in's and out's of Hyperion.

Have you read [WIKI]3-Wire-PWM[/WIKI].

It might be worth the read.

Hope it helps.

Akriss

• yes, i tried, and tried both options from there and they are the 2 problems i currently have, meaning both options do not work for me

EDIT: also it is worth to mention that if i just use a default config from HyperCon just with the WS2812b or ws281x - i get exactly the same problems.

• another update - i am able to run successfully the rpi_ws281x library - the led is working perfectly, so might it be that the hyperion should be updated to a more recent library? perhaps any of the admins might look into it?

And yet another update - the rpi_281x library has been updated 18 days ago with the support of the zero wireless pi, so yep, looks like Hyperion should be updated as well.

• You are correct - the library uses a simple lookup table of board revisions so needs frequent updating.

If you can build from source you can update the sub module to pull in the latest commits

Another option is to use ws2812spi driver - it uses a different pin and abuses the standard spi functionality

• Thanks, just as i expected. I am not totally sure, but will try to build myself from source today. In case i will fail, any estimate when the stable release of the hyperion might be updated? Thanks again!

• just an update - i was able to succesfully compile and run the hyperion on a raspberry pi zero wireless. all you have to do is to add the following lines to a rpihw.c file under the raspberry pi zero secion, before compiling the hyperion using a howto on the hyperion project github:

Code
    {
            .hwver  = 0x9200c1,
            .type = RPI_HWVER_TYPE_PI1,
            .periph_base = PERIPH_BASE_RPI,
            .videocore_base = VIDEOCORE_BASE_RPI,
            .desc = "Pi Zero W",
        },

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!