USB Camera Support

• Hi there I have seen a LED back light kit from Govee that uses a camera and a small box to control the back lights, Can Hyperion use USB cameras for a similar pupose instead of using hdmi video grappers

hello.

yes you can but results of using the camera pointed at a tv screen results in stripes/waves to your grabbed image.
    Reason is ( experimented with it myself) that the camera also picks up refreshment rate of picture lines, especially the horizontal ones > try to record a tv with a smartphone and you know what i am talking about. All that static and noise is be taken in your grabbed image on Hyperion.

so yes you can do that, and no quallity of that will be slim.

• Well is there a Filter built in Hyperion that can compensate for this or is there a camera that can compensate for this as i so How does Govee get around it and systems like https://ambivision.tv

the delay with a camera is big, Hyperion.NG has no filters build in as far as my knowledge goes to enhance camera grab quality.

you can see that in this system of Ambivision the 'lag' is noticeable where its only build to work on grabbed images from a screen with WIFI.
    colours are too late. >>

Externer Inhalt www.youtube.com
    Inhalte von externen Seiten werden ohne Ihre Zustimmung nicht automatisch geladen und angezeigt.
    Durch die Aktivierung der externen Inhalte erklären Sie sich damit einverstanden, dass personenbezogene Daten an Drittplattformen übermittelt werden. Mehr Informationen dazu haben wir in unserer Datenschutzerklärung zur Verfügung gestellt.

you can also see this on their site.

so again, no i don't believe that you get satisfiying results with this running on Hyperion. .

• IMO the cost of getting a decent camera plus all the bits and bobs required in getting it setup and positioned then the numerous hours trying to get a setup like this to work,
    Id personally just get a Roku stick or something similar to run the apps you use and then use that with a grabber instead of the inbuilt tv apps, assuming that's the predicament you are in based on your previous posts

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!