USB Capture flashing

• HI
    I have just installed hyperion ng 8 on a pi zero w and plugged the usb capture in. It seems that its not connecting properly and it disappears every couple of seconds. it says USB Capture: (V4L2:auto). i have played around with the settings. i have back dated it to hyperion ng 7 still the same issue. I then installed it on a pi 3b that works fine.
    Appreciate any help.
    Regards

• HI
    I have just installed hyperion ng 8 on a pi zero w and plugged the usb capture in. It seems that its not connecting properly and it disappears every couple of seconds. it says USB Capture: (V4L2:auto). i have played around with the settings. i have back dated it to hyperion ng 7 still the same issue. I then installed it on a pi 3b that works fine.
    Appreciate any help.
    Regards

hello,
    maybe usb +5 v power is too low on the usb port of Zero.

put this in >>
    max_usb_current=1
    arm_freq=xxx between 700 and 1000 Mhz
    force_turbo=1

line in the config.txt file

• I have a similair issue,

I had the whole setup working:
    Pi zero w
    Hyperbian alpa9
    Ws2812b led strip (58 leds total)
    Working uvtf007 grabber.

But every 1 tot 1,5 seconds the image switches from grabber image to a pi SSH image.
    Also the leds react because there is a fairly black image (pi screen) and a video feed.

I thought this was a power issue.
    Leds have there own supply,
    Pi has its own supply.
    Grabber goes into the pi' s USB .

Yesterday i used an usb hub, and powered the pi and the grabber from there, and also connected power to the pi ' usb connector.
    There is where the things went wrong.
    The pi works, but didn't see the grabber.
    Then the leds stopped working, first strange patterns, then no reaction tot the colorwheel.
    In the liveview of Hyperion the led effects were perfectly visible.
    Looks like gpio 18 is dead....

• I solved the problem.

The flickering issue was that the resolution was set to high in my config.

I have tested the utvf grabber on my windows laptop, and it works, but, the picture format in VLC media player was very small.
    And there it came to me, reduce the resolution to 355 by ??, Anyway very low.
    That did the trick for me.
    The pi zero can feed the grabber with enough power, try reduce the resolution.

• Jeroen, i was the one who told you about some systems need root permissions, my setup works now.

But if there are problems the utvF grabber (note the F) then try to start with a very low resolution and then increase the resolution to a point that it is stil stable.

• Jeroen, i was the one who told you about some systems need root permissions, my setup works now.

But if there are problems the utvF grabber (note the F) then try to start with a very low resolution and then increase the resolution to a point that it is stil stable.

in the Dutch section :)

yes i know this, some grabbers are really bad> for instance i have a grabber here that is recognized by the OS and gives you a videoimage, but the quality is really bad even when i set it to 1 [no decimation almost] picture is still horrible.

then with the same RCA converter [HDMI to RCA] and a diffrent grabber the picture is really good even when i set decimation to 4

so it matters what type of brand (chipset) is used in the grabber.
    the one that gives a horrible picture is 2 times more expensive then my cheap one with perfect clean picture :O

• I solved the problem.

The flickering issue was that the resolution was set to high in my config.

I have tested the utvf grabber on my windows laptop, and it works, but, the picture format in VLC media player was very small.
    And there it came to me, reduce the resolution to 355 by ??, Anyway very low.
    That did the trick for me.
    The pi zero can feed the grabber with enough power, try reduce the resolution.

Hi there can you point me in the direction of how you did this. Mine is flickering every few seconds. The colours are right as well.

• Hi there can you point me in the direction of how you did this. Mine is flickering every few seconds. The colours are right as well.

Hi
    It’s been a while I believe my issue was I was running power from two different areas. They need to be run from the same socket. If you run power from two areas or sockets the frequency is slightly different.

• In hyperion NG, in the config tab for the USB capture you can select which resolution is to be used by Hyperion.
    Try very low, and step by step increase the resolution to the point that is still stable.

• In hyperion NG, in the config tab for the USB capture you can select which resolution is to be used by Hyperion.
    Try very low, and step by step increase the resolution to the point that is still stable.

Thanks for the reply I did get it working. Seems these cheap grabbers on Amazon have some issues. Once you get it going you cant turn them off. Cheers

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!