USB Grabber Not Found

• Hello,

I have a "Easier Cap" utv007 chipset usb video grabber plugged into my Raspberry Pi 3 Model B. If I type in lsusb, it's listed as ID 1b71:3002. The problem here is the device is called /dev/v4l instead of /dev/video0. I tried changing the device in Hyperion to the actual name of the device, but it still wouldn't load. Is there a way I can either get hyperion to work with /dev/v4l or a way I can make the device mount to /dev/video0?

Thanks ahead of time,

Noah

• To anyone wondering what happened, turns out the grabber itself was working fine and was mounted to /dev/video0. The reason the LEDs weren't reacting to any image was because of a setting in Hyperion. On the grabber tab, I had to change the image format to NTSC instead of PAL. The PAL setting was causing the Hyperion software to freeze when taking a grabber screenshot. After changing the setting and re-uploading the configuration, I was able to take grabber screenshots and adjust the crop of the screen to figure out the direction the LEDs must be placed.

https://github.com/hyperion-project/hyperion/issues/216

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!