Usbasp device

• if anyone's interested, I got a usbasp working today with Hyperion and https://github.com/poljvd/hyperion-usbasp

It's a $2 USB device designed to program avr microcontrollers but can be reflashed to drive ws2801 or ws281x led strips < 256 LEDs long.

If you don't already have an avr programmer you need to buy 2 of them so you can reflash one.

Let me know if you want more details or the pre compiled hex code for it

• Hmm good point, i am new with this.
    Searching for Arduino nano i only get Artikles with ~20$.

I want a compact controller to plug in my Windows computer.
    From there i want to play Movies via HDMI on my TV and controll die LED´s directly.
    The USBASP was for me the cheapest solution i found.

Can you link me a better alternative?

• Oh i didn´t know that.
    I just experimented with the raspberry pi as controller when i saw your USBASP alternative.
    Ok i will try to cancel my Order and use the nano instead :)

So in my opinion there is no advantage using your USBASP!? (Except you already own one)

• Hello,

i am using Hyperion 2.0.0 alpha 8 on an Intel NUC7PJYH with Kubuntu 20.04 running on it.
    If i choose the hyperion-usbasp as the LED-controller in the LED-Hardware section under LED-Control, hyperiond stops working.
    This happens with and without the hyperion-usbasp hardware connectet. If i leave the usbasp connectet i am not able to start hyperiond again. If i disconnect it i can start hyperion again. But as soon as i try to turn on the LED-Hardware with usbasp configured as controller, hyperiond stops again.

Anybody have the same problem?

• Here you can see the output after i tried to start hyperiond in the commandline with the command "hyperiond -d" and the USBasp device connected:

• Offizieller Beitrag

@ModuloFS Thanks for providing the output. That was helpful!

I opened an issue for you on the given problem:
    https://github.com/hyperion-project/hyperion.ng/issues/1076

I might need getting back to you for testing a fix, if this would be ok for you?

• Offizieller Beitrag

@ModuloFS I reworked the code and hopefully got it fixed.

What would be the best way to get it tested?
    Do you compile hyperion yourself, then I will share the updated code files with you.
    Or do you need a pre-build package (for what platform - Ubuntu)?

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!