Use a AV-receiver as hdmi splitter. 4k

• I’ve got my apple tv hooked up to a 4k splitter, but because it sends 4k through both outputs, I’m not able to have my apple tv set to 4k. I’m considering upgrading my AV-receiver. The one I’ve got at the moment doesn’t even have hdmi. If I get one with 2 hdmi outputs, would I be able to set one output as 4k and one as 1080? Anyone got any experince?

• I know of no AV receiver capable of splitting a signal to FHD+4K. If a 4K device and a 1080p device are connected to the two outputs of a receiver, it only sends out 1080p to both outputs. I use the Lightberry 4K for this. It will work fine with 4K HDR (HDR10, not Dolby Vision though) and enable grabbing the signal using a USB cable hooked up to the Raspi. Thus, you only need one device instead of splitting, downscaling and converting digital to analogue. :)

• I know of no AV receiver capable of splitting a signal to FHD+4K. If a 4K device and a 1080p device are connected to the two outputs of a receiver, it only sends out 1080p to both outputs. I use the Lightberry 4K for this. It will work fine with 4K HDR (HDR10, not Dolby Vision though) and enable grabbing the signal using a USB cable hooked up to the Raspi. Thus, you only need one device instead of splitting, downscaling and converting digital to analogue. :)

I wonder how lightberry does the HDR to SDR conversion to properly display the colors on LEDs. I am still working on trying to get my hyperion (rpi3b) to do some type of color conversion.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!