1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Use a AV-receiver as hdmi splitter. 4k

Discussion in 'Hyperion Hardware' started by Andre Fonneland, 12 February 2019.

1. Andre Fonneland

Andre Fonneland New Member

Hardware:
    RPi2, RPi3, +Arduino
    I’ve got my apple tv hooked up to a 4k splitter, but because it sends 4k through both outputs, I’m not able to have my apple tv set to 4k. I’m considering upgrading my AV-receiver. The one I’ve got at the moment doesn’t even have hdmi. If I get one with 2 hdmi outputs, would I be able to set one output as 4k and one as 1080? Anyone got any experince?

2. Danos

Danos New Member

Hardware:
    RPi3
    I know of no AV receiver capable of splitting a signal to FHD+4K. If a 4K device and a 1080p device are connected to the two outputs of a receiver, it only sends out 1080p to both outputs. I use the Lightberry 4K for this. It will work fine with 4K HDR (HDR10, not Dolby Vision though) and enable grabbing the signal using a USB cable hooked up to the Raspi. Thus, you only need one device instead of splitting, downscaling and converting digital to analogue. :)

3. mosiris

mosiris New Member

Hardware:
    RPi1/Zero, RPi3, +Arduino, +nodeMCU/ESP8266
    I wonder how lightberry does the HDR to SDR conversion to properly display the colors on LEDs. I am still working on trying to get my hyperion (rpi3b) to do some type of color conversion.