Video out via Onkyo Amp

• Hello all,

Im currently having some issues with my setup and was wondering if anyone could help?

Im currently trying to setup my raspberry pi 3 to control my LEDs with hyperion software for all my video. The problem I'm having is that I'm not sure if it works when all video outputs are being controlled by an amp? Does anyone control their video through an amp and has hyperion successfully working?

So, my Sky box, xbox and PS4 connect into my amp, my amp then connects to my TV. I've put a HDMI splitter between the Amp and the TV and connected a raspberry Pi up to it with a video grabber but it's not working. Should it work when connected via an amp?

Thanks

Pie

• Offizieller Beitrag

this should work, friend of my use this setup too, it works flawless!

what is not working? did you tried the av cable to connect direct to your tv to check the signal?

• When connected via the amp the grabber doesn't appear to work. I shall try removing the amp from the equation and connect xbox directly to hdmi splitter to see if this fixes the issue.

Weirdly when I connect everything up as I showed in the picture, all my devices connected to the amp lose their sound and I get no sound coming out of the amp. I suspect this is due to an issue with my amp rather than anything else though.

Thanks for your input. ;)

• So I fixed all issues with this last night.

1. The grabber wasn't working because I had the config and HDMI2AV switch set to "PAL" (I'm in the UK), changing both to NTSC fixed the grabber.
    2. The sound wasn't working because my devices settings for "TV Output" were set to "Auto", forcing it to HDMI resolved the issue.

Thanks for help :D

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!