When off LEDs still on

• I currently have a pi zero w, arduino nano, usb capture setup. All is powered through one power supply that is connected to a smart outlet which I have turning off when I shut the tv off, except the usb capture device which powers with the sub on the tv to view without ambilight.

However; when the power supply is off the power from the usb capture device is still slightly powering the LEDs producing a faint red glow. Kinda cool like a power status, but I’m not a fan.

Any ideas on how to fully cut power other than unplugging the usb capture?

• Additional note, my TV also doesn’t fully power down, but I think goes to sleep to turn on instantly. Hence the usb capture device still receiving power.

on most pc's UEFI theres a setting to cut off USB power as wanted, so or always powered also in standby or power off when pc is off.
    maybe you can find that also in your tv settings

• Any ideas on how to fully cut power other than unplugging the usb capture?

what you also can do as a workaround; use a separate relaisswitch to COMPLETELY cut off power of your tv, then USB will fail also.
    \

i have a switch on 230~volts who switch on/off the tv > i am not using hybernate/standby!
    you have sets you can buy for switching 230~volts outlets.

• what you also can do as a workaround; use a separate relaisswitch to COMPLETELY cut off power of your tv, then USB will fail also.
    \

i have a switch on 230~volts who switch on/off the tv > i am not using hybernate/standby!
    you have sets you can buy for switching 230~volts outlets.

Correct. Does anyone know the implications of a hard power off on the RPi zero or the arduino nano? I guess same with the TV.

I’m currently using a smart outlet for the LED system and this got me thinking.

• Does anyone know the implications of a hard power off on the RPi zero or the arduino nano?

yes nothing, :) Raspberry PI works diffrent then your average windows pc which needs a correct shutdown.
    A Pi you can disconnect/switch off from power and reboots after you engage power again.

they are build for it, even in a standard PI-kit a USB powercable is included with build-in switch in the cord.
    so it doesn't matter.

My setup is only switched with switchboard and 4 separate relais.

1. main power 5 and 12 volts (35A)
    2. Grabber USB port reset ( cuts of 5 volts of grabber usb input)
    3. PI main power and reset
    4. alternate for ligtning in cabinet.

when watching tv, turn on tv then press relais 1/2/3> with autostart configuration Hyperion boots up automatically!
    after watching then press 1/2/3 again or turn off 230~volts main power with click-ON

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!