Will this all work?

• So im trying to get all the hardware together and im wondering if all of this will work.
    my a/v receiver has a rca monitor out so im trying to bypass all of that hdmi stuff. so im going to use and connect it to using these leds

my main concern is the leds, they are the sk9922, and some people say they work and some say they dont. but most posts are over a year old. Any help would be appreciated, very new to all this.

• Hello!

This really all depends on what it is you're trying to do. I would guess you want to create an ambilight setup for multiple devices through your AV receiver, in which case there's going to be no bypassing the "HDMI stuff" unless none of the devices you'll want to use are outputting via HDMI.

The quick answer is that anything that comes into a receiver via HDMI, only comes out of the receiver via HDMI and likewise for RCA. This is why non-computer based builds virtually all use an "HDMI to AV" converter, which converts the digital HDMI signal to analog for the USB grabber as receivers (at least none that I know of) simply don't do this.

In terms of the LEDs, are you following a particular tutorial for your build? SK9822 are two-line SPI and very similar to APA102 so almost certainly could be made to work, but there's a reason the vast majority of users here stick with either APA102 or WS2812 LEDs; they're easy to work with and work reliably.

I was pretty new to this, (I guess I still am, haha) but I have done a few successfully builds using APA102 LEDs and would be happy to walk through that build if you like.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!