1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

WIP Windows Grabber

Discussion in 'Development' started by Brindosch, 10 May 2016.

1. nash

nash New Member

Hardware:
    RPi2, RPi3, 32/64bit
    So sorry Brindosch, I'm agree with you, the Windows Grabber works like a charm with the scaling at 100%.

I have a Dell XPS 15 with a 4K Display, it so difficult see the icons with the scaling at 100% but it works, thank so much, I hope that this could be implemented in the next releases :)

2. Brindosch

Brindosch Administrator Administrator

Hardware:
    RPi1/Zero, RPi2, RPi3, +nodeMCU/ESP8266
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Rick164

Rick164 Administrator Staff Member Administrator

Hardware:
    RPi2, +Arduino, +AtmoOrb
    • Like Like x 1
  4. nash

nash New Member

Hardware:
    RPi2, RPi3, 32/64bit
    Thank you very much @Rick164 your work is awesome and this project/software could be brilliant working with Gigabit Ethernet or WiFi AC, in the future I hope that Raspberry would implement Gigabit Ethernet or WiFi AC technology for better network speed, so this project is the future!

If I can help you with something, please let me know :)

5. iiidefconiii

iiidefconiii Member

Hardware:
    32/64bit, +Arduino
    I moving over from linux to windows, what exactly do i need for hyperion to work? just this setup or still some base hyperion install? and do we still need the hyperion kodi addon? ty

6. Rick164

Hardware:
    RPi2, +Arduino, +AtmoOrb
    For this you only need a basis Hyperion install with protobuffer port enabled in its config (is by default), then install the latest windows client from here:

https://github.com/hanselb/HyperionScreenCap/releases

Nowadays has a setup window so you can fill in your Hyperion IP / Hostname etc.. and it should work ootb, only issue when you use > 100% desktop scaling in Windows.

7. iiidefconiii

iiidefconiii Member

Hardware:
    32/64bit, +Arduino
    Thaks for the explanation. So I do need an raspberry with Linux and a working hyperion install right? To bad hyperion doesnt have an windows daemon like ambibox or pristmatik. Altough i coupdnt find it, do you know if In future this might be happening? I found that boblight has an windows daemon. But hyperion is the best. Any way Ayer all I'll proberly stick to linux bases htpc so I don't need to regomfigure kodi and the ambilight driven sodtware

8. Rick164

Hardware:
    RPi2, +Arduino, +AtmoOrb
    Yep installation on Raspberry, we have a few guides for that and can choose different distro flavors (prefer Raspbian nowadays):

https://hyperion-project.org/wiki/2-Installation

Talked to @Wolph about a Windows version and it might be possible in the future but main focus now is Hyperion.ng (redesigned version) so no eta :)
    With Hyperion and this windows client you can get more or less the same as with Ambibox, both capture and media will work this way but games has always been a tricky one :)

• Like Like x 1
  9. iiidefconiii

iiidefconiii Member

Hardware:
    32/64bit, +Arduino
    i dicedid to stay at linux with hyperion ng configured now its working great! thank you all for this great program!

10. redPanther

redPanther Moderator Developer

Hardware:
    RPi1/Zero, RPi2, 32/64bit, +Arduino