(WS2801 + RPi3) No Red Color Channel From Video Grabber

• I have successfully configured hyperion to work on OpenElec and Raspbian. Unfortunately, I am seeing some strange behavior and have not been successful in finding any information online.

As far as I can tell, hyperion is configured properly (JSON contents included below), and the LEDs do react as expected for the most part, but it seems that the red color channel is not registering, leaving all colors on the strip blue, green, or a combination of the two. I suspect this might be a problem with the capture card. When I take a screenshot using the hypercon tool (in the SSH tab), the image that I get always has a blue tint and it missing the red color information (comparison photo attached).

I've swapped HDMI cables, swapped outputs on my hdmi splitter, etc. The LED strip itself is fine, and works perfectly with the hyperion app to set colors/effects and the red channel is fine there. Am I missing something here? If anyone has an idea about where to start, or can help me troubleshoot to confirm my suspicion about the capture card being bad, I would be very grateful for some input.

Here is my hyperion JSON config:

• I have tested other grabbers and other RCA connectors/cables with the same result. The last thing left that could possibly be wrong would be some strange issue with HDCP, or the RCA out on my HDMI to RCA adapter. Hopefully someone else here has seen something similar to this...

• After a bunch of troubleshooting, it turns out that the HDMI to RCA converter I bought was bad. I replaced this with another HDMI to RCA converter of the same type, and my setup now works like a charm. With a bit of color calibration, this thing will be great.

Hopefully if someone else has this issue in the future, this posting will give them some ideas of the things to troubleshoot and rule out (perhaps even solve the issue).

I'll be taking apart the faulty HDMI to RCA converter to see if the issue can be fixed with that part. At any rate, I am happy, and marking as resolved.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!