ws2812b Power Question

• I have been doing some searching and can't really find a clear answer to this question. I have purchased ws2812b LEDs, 30/m. The power supply I purchased in the "black brick" style because I didn't to deal with the loud fans that are on the silver "pc-style" power supplies. The obvious drawback being...no voltage adjustment at all. So, I hooked up my power supply to my multimeter ro make sure I had the polarity right and it's reading at 5.6v consistently. Fluctuating periodically between 5.4 and 5.6. My question is, will this damage my LEDs? I know it says that they have to have 5v max...will half a volt matter? I'm planning on running about 3.6m of LEDs and the supply is rated for 10 amps, so I should be good there. Just don't want to burn out this string of LEDs if I can prevent it.

Oh...and I checked that my meter is calibrated by connecting to the 5v and 3.3v pin on 2 NodeMCU boards I have laying around and on both the 5v pin read exactly 5.1 consistently and 3.3 on the 3.3v pin. So I'm pretty sure my meter is calibrated.

• I have a 6.3V 1000uF capacitor on the input voltage. But that's still 6.3V. Won't that deliver an over-voltage to the LEDs? I thought the capacitor was to protect from too much current?

Also, can you post the link to where you grabbed this pic? It talks about notes above and below but obviously I can't see those here.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!