Welcome to the fifth part of our HyperCon round.
In this article we want to provide more information about the "External" Tab.
The Kodi Checker make it possible that you could enable and disable your ambilight depending on Kodi state.
HINT: If you want an ambilight which is enabled the whole time, you could disable the kodi checker!
HINT: You could also use your Kodi on Windows/Linux/Mac to get a status, just change the ip address.
- Enabled: If checked, the Kodi Checker is enabled
- Kodi IP-Address: The ip address of your kodi "127.0.01" means your kodi on the same machine (see hint below)
- TCP Port: The TCP port of your Kodi. If you changed nothing, the default "9090" is correct.
- Menu: If checked, the ambilight will be "ON" if you are at the kodi menu. "OFF" if unchecked
- Video: If checked, the ambilight will be "ON" if you are playing a video (Movie/TV-Show/Youtube etc). "OFF" if unchecked
- Picture: If checked, the ambilight will be "ON" if you are watching pictures. "OFF" if unchecked
- Audio: If checked, the ambilight will be "ON" if you are listening to audio (music/web radio etc). "OFF" if unchecked
- Screensaver: If checked, the ambilight will be "ON" if the screensaver is active. "OFF" if unchecked
- 3D Check: If checked, Hyperion will be switching to the detected 3D mode. (SBS/TAB) no MVC yet!
- Pause: If checked, the ambilight will be "ON" if the Kodi player is at pause state. "OFF" if unchecked
Json / Proto / Boblight Server
Json: This TCP port is your "door" to connect with a remote (webapp/ios/android/) to control the effects and color transform.
Proto: Our "Kodi Addon" and third party programs like the "windows grabber" send their picture to Hyperion over the proto TCP port for further processing (Blackborder detection, smoothing, color transform etc)
HINT: Just use the default settings, until you know what you do. It is not possible to disable JSON or PROTO.
- Json Server TCP Port: The port that is used to receive json messages, leave the default (19444), until you know what you do
- Proto Server TCP Port: The port that is used to receive proto messages, leave the default (19445), until you know what you do
- Activate Boblight: If checked, the Boblight server is enabled (you just need this, if you want to receive boblight messages)
- Boblight Server TCP Port: The port that is used to receive boblight messages.
- Priority Channel: The priority channel that is used for boblight. The HIGHER the value the LOWER the priority.
Booteffect / Static Color / Effect Path
If you want a static background color if no grabber is active OR a pretty booteffect on startup.
- Enabled: If checked, the Booteffect / Static Color is enabled
- Static Color [RGB]: If you want a static color if no grabber is active, just insert the R G B value of your prefered color and set the "Duration" to 1, also choose at "Effect" = None
- Effect: Choose an effect from the list
- Duration [ms]: The duration of the effect in milliseconds (0 = endless!)
- Priority Chan.: The priority channel that is used for effect OR static color. The HIGHER the value the LOWER the priority.
If you want to use more than one hyperion instance you need to forward the current pictures to this as well for processing. This could be a second Hyperion on the same device or another (over network)
You are also able to use a second hyperion instance with a second config that is configured to use Philiphs Hue/AtmoOrb/NodeMcu or even another led stripe at the other side of your living room!
The forwarder is for advanced users, you should first get a running basic configuration, left it disabled.
- Enabled: If checked, the Forwarder is enabled
- Proto targets(s): The proto messages you want to forward to
- Json targets(s): The json messages you want to forward to
Here you could find the forwarder guide: Controlling Multiple Devices
Now you have done everything you need for a working configuration.
Press the "Create Hyperion Configuration" at the bottom and save the file as "hyperion.config.json" (already filled in)
to a location.
To upload your config to your Hyperion device you could use the function at the SSH - Tab
Just proceed with the HyperCon SSH - Tab page.
This page has been seen 8,194 times.
- Created byLast updated by