Hdmi powered Hyperion to control hue bulbs.

• Hello everyone,

Most of this is covered in many threads on here but I have zero experience of playing with a raspberry pi and practically no coding skills. Although I'm happy to try and have people who can help.

I have a 2009 Philips pfl9904 Aurea tv which cannot control hue lights directly as it's too old. Shame as this tv has 4 sided ambilight. So I've been looking into using Hyperion to control my hue bulbs via hdmi.

I have a few questions.

Is setting Hyperion on a raspberry pi to control hue fairly easy, from a complete novice perspective?!

Will Hyperion happily just run the hue lights alone? Or will it expect leds to be connected? (Assuming it won't)

Can Hyperion control multiple bulbs at once separating the colours from different areas of the screen? (I think I've seen it can do this) if so does it lag very much the more bulbs you add?

I know nothing about raspberry pi s so can someone explain how it would work once set up. Is it just as simple as switching it on or will i need to start Hyperion myself each time?

The tutorials look great but has anyone running Hyperion and hue bulbs got any other information that will help me.

I work with electronics for a living so am. It afraid of getting my hands dirty and learning new things.

Huge thanks in advance, sorry to go over thing that have already been covered but I'm a little hesitant to start buying everything in without checking I've got the right idea.

Alex
    :)

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!