Simple software WLED setup with Pi4 Kodi and PS4 Pro HDR

• Hi there.

I know I'm posting on a very old thread but the topic is still relevant.

So as per Puck's advice on this thread previously, he used Chiaki to stream his ps4 to an android device and then use hyperion grabber to get the ambilight content. Works great.

To this day, I use this solution on a PS5, HDR 120Hz. To my knowledge this is the only way we will ever get an ambilight to work with those settings. This is an important fact for someone to know before they go down the Hyper HDR road. No matter what hardware you use with Hyper HDR you are not gonna be able to play at these settings with an ambilight working. Of course if your TV is rooted and you can have Hyperion run on the TV itself, this would be possible but for most of us this isn't an option. Certainly in my case on a 2021 samsung QLED TV.

I feel this info alone should be a sticky here as I'm sure many people are trying to set up their ambilight with all the bells and whistles of today's HDR, 120Hz options only to trawl through threads to find out what they are planning to buy/ bought doesn't cut it at these settings.

Anyway, I have now bought an Xbox Series X. Unfortunately I cannot find a Chiaki alternative that will work to give me the same experience as I have on my PS5. Anyone running this solution with an Xbox Series X?.

Thanks.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!