SK6812 RGBWW : How to connect to a RPI3B+ ?

• My apologies if the threat already exist, but I do not find them.

I just received my SK6812 led , when I plug the power supply only it doesn't turn on.

What I need to do to test the leds before cut to add behind the tv ?

I have a power supply 5v 10A and use little connector to plus the cable + and - on it.

Thank you in advance

• I have changed the configuration in hyperion to ws281x rpi pwm and the led works but not all the led
    What kind of configuration do I need to choose. If it's SPI SK6812 could you explain how to configure correctly because no led works with this options
    sorry for the many post :)

• I have changed the configuration in hyperion to ws281x rpi pwm and the led works but not all the led
    What kind of configuration do I need to choose

go to second tab and select the grid of your strip, probably still needs settings in this area/ >> led layout ( basics in Json file have like 40 leds activated)

ws281x PWM is okay

• I have tried to change but now only the bottom LEDs works and when I return to the first setting it still the same...
    Which one is better GPIO10 with SK6812 or GPIO18 with led ws281x PWM ?

• I have tried to change but now only the bottom LEDs works and when I return to the first setting it still the same...
    Which one is better GPIO10 with SK6812 or GPIO18 with led ws281x PWM ?

where you connected the pin on the PI determs the GPIO output number.
    there's schematics for that, every pin has a function

You have SPI and PWM driven leds and GPIO's, you have to find the right GPIO and setting thats all :)

• Don't worry , maybe someone can tell me a litlle more
    I will try to find the right gpio, I have seen this information but it doesn't help me :)
    thanks for your time

• I tried with RGBW protocol and still the same..
    I use Libre Elec with Kodi Leia and I have installed Alpha9 of Hyperion
    I'm very disappointed :(
    I tried with gpio 18,12,10,11 nothing work correctly

2 Mal editiert, zuletzt von Darkbrigan ()

• I have changed the connection now I have mutliple color, but when I try to test the LEDs it doesn't work

When I plug GPIO10 it flickering, when I try other GPIO the LEDs works but not with the movie or the test on YouTube.

I used GND on the raspberry...I'm lost, if someone uses this light with raspberry pi3B, please help me, tell me which gpio I need to use.

Thank you in advance

• Update if someone have the same issue : I use GPIO10 + GND pin34 to turn on the LEDs on Hyperion I use PMW 281x and select RGBW protocol
    The LEDs are flickering but I have order resistance 330 ohms/330R I hope this solves it.
    When I received it, I will update the post to confirm or not.
    If someone has another idea doesn't hesitate :)

• Hi,
    I have the same setup as yours, rpi3b+ and sk6812rgbw strip led.
    I not able to get this setup working too.
    I did same tests as you with a 470 ohms resistor on data line but its the same, the led strip didn't react a all or in eratic blinking.
    I'm waiting for a new rpi4, will test with a raspbian + Kodi + hyperion-ng fresh install and give a feedback.
    I hope that we are going to find what is wrong with this config, I fell that we are not so far to find the solution

• so this means that data signal from GPIO is too low voltage for this type of ledstrip and needs to be cranked up , i think its the type of ledstrip that's sensitive for correct data voltage input because i already made two LED setups with SPI directly on GPIO's and worked in one time. Data output on GPIO is 3,3 volts but ledstrip wants to receive 3,5 volts that 0.2 volts sometimes causes problems :)

i made the setup with WS2801 and APA102, no problem whatsoever.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!