Does a grabber with a loop out leave the HDMI output of the video source untouched?

• I am looking to create my shopping list for things to make this work, and it occurred to me that a grabber with a loop out like this will mean I don't need a splitter.
    I'm just wondering that it will interfere with the signal to the TV and mean problems with HDR, Dolby Vision etc.

What do you think?

• if you look at the specifications then you see this;

Specifications:
    HDMI resolution: Max input can be 3840×2160@30Hz
    Video output resolution: Max output can be 1920×1080@60Hz
    Video output format: YUV/JPEG
    Support video format: 8/10/12bit Deep color
    Support audio format: L-PCM
    Support AWG26 HDMI standard cable: input up to 15 meters
    Support most acquisition software, such as VLC / OBS / Amcap, etc
    Support Windows / Android / MacOS
    Conform to USB Video and UVC standard
    Conform to USB Audio UAC standard
    Max working current: 0.4A/5V DC
    Dimension (L x W x H): 8x8x3 (cm)
    Operating Temperature range: (-10 to +55℃)
    Without external power supply, compact and portable.

Features:
    Without external power supply, compact and portable. Easy to do live streaming, no driver needed
    Works with most device, such as PC,Laptop. Linux System, Mac,Camera
    Works with ZOOM,OBS,XBOX, PS3, PS4, DSLR, Switch,Youtube,Face Live, Twitter, Twitch and more
    Easy Setup, just add the server host and token of your live

Note:
    Computer hardware configuration requirements
    CPU: PC i5-3400 or above; NB i7-3537U 2.0GHZ or above
    Graphics card: PC NVIDIA GT630 or above; NC NVIDIA GT735M or above
    Storage: 4G RAM

Package include:
    1 x Audio Video Capture Card
    1 x User Manual

so no, if you want to have 4K signal from this device to your tv then this is not the device for you.

• Hello.
    New user myself and i have the same query. I am going to follow this guide:

Externer Inhalt www.youtube.com
    Inhalte von externen Seiten werden ohne Ihre Zustimmung nicht automatisch geladen und angezeigt.
    Durch die Aktivierung der externen Inhalte erklären Sie sich damit einverstanden, dass personenbezogene Daten an Drittplattformen übermittelt werden. Mehr Informationen dazu haben wir in unserer Datenschutzerklärung zur Verfügung gestellt.

I have that exact capture device arriving before the weekend ( )

I'm interested as I plan of using the HMDI1 out of the back of my Denon AVR-x2400h to add the loop to then up to the TV. This is the only cable between the Amp and The TV, it is also the audio return (arc) for any TV signal into the Amp. I am assuming (hoping) that the output spec from the capture loop applies to the USB out and not the passthrough - so ill let you know... Worries include:

1 - The HDMI passthrough being reduced from 4k up to the TV via the loop. UPDATE 20210130. Signal is passed through as expected preserving 4k signal
    2 - losing any HDR signal up to the TV via the loop. UPDATE 20210130. Signal is passed through as expected preserving HDR signal
    3 - losing the arc features down from TV to Amp via the loop. UPDATE 20210128. I'll move to Toslink and away from ARC from the TV to the amp

Main outcome, i was unable to use HDMI1 and the capture loop. I had to use HDMI2 from the Denon, this is not causing me any problems.

• Rpi: 3b, Wifi, 16gb SD card
    • Hyperion: 2.0.0 alpha 9
    • USB grabber
    • AV receiver Denon AVR-x2400h
    • LED: ws2812b 60 led/m

6 Mal editiert, zuletzt von Greg Donovan ()

• Hello @TylerDurdenK. after a LOT of googling, I think the item you are suggesting - the XOLORspace S102 is the same as @jeroen warmerdam 's item. I'll be trying to get hold of either a 102 or 104 myself.
    Amazon UK have both the 102 (2 outs) and the 104 (4 outs) and weirdly, the 104 is £40 cheaper on Amazon than the 102, Both are still more expensive than your link. estimated shipping for your international link is £20 to the UK.

I might still buy the 104 from Amazon in case of any international return problems if needed.

Amazon UK links here:
    104 -

102 -

• If you buy 2 from my link shipping is free.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!